Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #1  

The Gaul

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NS6010 HST Cab
Just received my kit from the dealer. Instructions call for removing the rear wheel, which will be problematic since I already filled the tire with RimGuard.
My tractor is an NS 6010 with cab. I kind of eye balled the situation and it looks borderline feasible. Fortunately I am skinny and have adequate experience working on Porsche 911s, which are a nightmare to work on in the engine bay.
Anybody any experience installing the rear remote w/o removing the rear wheel ? if so, any pointers ?

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #2  
I recently added a remote to my 53hp machine and it would have been near impossible to do without removing the wheel.
Is the issue you're concerned about the weight of the wheel/tire/rimguard?
A strap and cherry picker may be in order

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010
I recently added a remote to my 53hp machine and it would have been near impossible to do without removing the wheel.
Is the issue you're concerned about the weight of the wheel/tire/rimguard?
A strap and cherry picker may be in order
Exactly. Not fancying bringing my tractor to the dealership.
May have a go at it next week. Will report back.

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #4  
Should be able to do that with a couple fit guys. I'd have a friend come over, do the install and put the tire back on.

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #5  
Study how your seat is attached to the fender pan. On my DK5310SE you might have some awkward wrench angles but it might be possible by just removing the seat and exposing the top of the axle case.

Search the channel "J Hilti" on YouTube. If I recall I think he replaced some part at the top of the case on an NX and was able to do so removing the seat.

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #6  
I’m planning to use an engine hoist when installing a backhoe subframe. Time will tell how well that works.

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #7  
I ended up taking the tire off my ns 5310 when I added a second remote..not sure if it could be done without doing so. I had the dealer mech come to my shop to do it and it was an all day battle..apparently it was his first one..lol..and then to top it off I had to change a quick connection plug when I did go to use it cause the detent wouldn't fully go in..luckily I had another one in my shop but still..

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #8  
Just received my kit from the dealer. Instructions call for removing the rear wheel, which will be problematic since I already filled the tire with RimGuard.
My tractor is an NS 6010 with cab. I kind of eye balled the situation and it looks borderline feasible. Fortunately I am skinny and have adequate experience working on Porsche 911s, which are a nightmare to work on in the engine bay.
Anybody any experience installing the rear remote w/o removing the rear wPorheel ? if so, any pointers ?
Porsches, huh? We can channel our internal friendship lol. I'll PM you my number and I'll walk you through making your own thing. Trust me, it is child's play.

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010
Happy to report that I installed it yesterday and was able to perform it without removing the rear wheel.
Big thank you to Eric for throwing me a bone. The trick is to remove the plate inside the cabin upon which the seat rests. This will give you access to the area just above the transmission and all the other hydraulic lines. Not optimal, but not that bad either. I would say that if you can both remove the rear wheel, AND remove the seat inside the cabin, you'd be golden.
In total I spent about 5 hours on this. Most time was lost stripping the interior panels (and trying to not to scratch or damage anything).
Attached a couple of pics.

In summary, after 4 months of ownership I made following improvements, all of these were installed at home by yours truly :
- Bluetooth radio + aftermarket speakers
- hydraulic top-link
- Nilights front and back
- Linked pedal
- Third function
- extra rear remote
- rear window wiper
I now feel like I have brought the NS6010 to a standard that should allow me to enjoy it as intended.
Kioti Rear Remote Feb 2024_4.jpg

Kioti Rear Remote Feb 2024_1.jpg

Kioti Rear Remote Feb 2024_5.jpg