Rear PTO improvements on a B3030

/ Rear PTO improvements on a B3030 #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
When I look at the attachments section on TractorByNet.com, I see several gizmos, for the lack of a better name to make it easier to use the rear PTO which I haven't used thus far.

I will be using a wood chipper and a box scraper this summer a fair amount so does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

/ Rear PTO improvements on a B3030 #2  
I have a B3030 cab model and I have never had a problem hooking up 3pt attachments. One of the benefits of the B3030 is the ratcheting lower links which makes it fairly easy to hook attachments up as long as you can back up close to them. You can also use a platform/dolly with wheels and place the attachements on them. That way you can roll the attachment to the back of the tractor. This would obviously only work if your implement storage is on a hard surface (wood, concrete, etc.).

There are many 3rd party "quick hitches" that you can use to. I have never felt the need myself as I mainly have my ballast box on the rear. If you have a lot of 3 pt attachments and switch them often that might be an option to.

/ Rear PTO improvements on a B3030 #3  
The PTO safety sheild will flip up out of the way to make it easier to install and remove PTO shaft. Took me awhile before I realize that the sheild flipped up.:eek: