Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S

/ Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S #1  

Lykins Farm

Tractor
1995 New Holland 5610S
Please help! I am clueless about rear remote hydraulics as I recently got my first diesel tractor with a loader and rear remote hookups. The tractor is a Ford 5610S. I can't even tell you who the manufacturer of the pump is, what kind of pump it is or what kind of hook ups. I have done some research but anything I watch or read sounds like foreign language due to not being familiar.

I have added a few photos of my rear remotes. They are leaking and fluid is dripping from the bottom of the valves where the hoses connect to the port. I don't know if they can be repaired or if they have to be replaced. I am assuming it is the O-ring in the female port. Problem, I don't know what part to order as I don't know what kind of valve this is or who makes it.

Also, can you all tell me what the two rubber hoses are at the bottom of the remotes? They are not connected to anything and appear to be just for an overflow type situation which honestly doesn't make sense to me. Also, what are the two ports with covers on them, are they usable or what is their purpose? Any assistance you can provide would be great.

Attachments

• Rear Remote housing.jpg
    Rear Remote housing.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • Rear Remote Hydraulic showing leaks.jpg
    Rear Remote Hydraulic showing leaks.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • Rear Remote Hydraulic unknown ports capped.jpg
    Rear Remote Hydraulic unknown ports capped.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • Rear Remote Hydraulic.jpg
    Rear Remote Hydraulic.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
   / Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S #2  
The rubber hoses went to a collection bottle at one time. That's long gone I guess. The teo "covered ports" are the valve spool detent housings. Don't mess with them. The leaks where the noses plug into the couplers can most likely be slowed or stopped with new seals in couplers. Can be done without taking anything apart.

What "pump" are you referring to? Maybe it's actually a valve? A photo of that might help answer your question.

/ Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S
The rubber hoses went to a collection bottle at one time. That's long gone I guess. The teo "covered ports" are the valve spool detent housings. Don't mess with them. The leaks where the noses plug into the couplers can most likely be slowed or stopped with new seals in couplers. Can be done without taking anything apart.

What "pump" are you referring to? Maybe it's actually a valve? A photo of that might help answer your question.
Hey Harry, thank you for the reply. I do mean the valves and not a pump. I'm clueless about the different parts and names to these systems but really want to learn.

The leaks are coming from where the wet lines plug into the coupler. I can look back inside the coupler and see that there is an o-ring but I'm not sure the part number. You might be able to tell me, do most of the valves take the same o-ring replacement.

Oh and do I need the collection bottle you speak of? I can get a better picture of those hoses and the ends of them tomorrow evening if you need me to. They are literally just hanging there in the open air.

Oh and by the way, I'm in Shelby County, KY

/ Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S #5  

This should be the part you're looking for. It fits a long list of models that use that style valve and coupler. It's a teflon sort of material, not easy to manipulate. Probably best not to attempt changing them on a cold day unless you have a warm place to work so both the iron and the seals are not cold to the touch.

Noytsure what you need to know about the loader valve. It's probably open center (which is what you need) so not much is required other than to plug both hoses from said valve into one pair of remote couplers.

I wouldn't worry too much about the collection bottle. Not many have survived this long. If you stop the leak you will have nothing to collect.

This should be the part you're looking for. It fits a long list of models that use that style valve and coupler. It's a teflon sort of material, not easy to manipulate. Probably best not to attempt changing them on a cold day unless you have a warm place to work so both the iron and the seals are not cold to the touch.

Noytsure what you need to know about the loader valve. It's probably open center (which is what you need) so not much is required other than to plug both hoses from said valve into one pair of remote couplers.

I wouldn't worry too much about the collection bottle. Not many have survived this long. If you stop the leak you will have nothing to collect.
Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I was not sure if it was open center or what so I really didn't know how to explain it to someone when trying to explain the valve and the leaks. I will make sure to do it on a warmer day or get it in garage with heater. I really appreciate the information.

/ Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S #7  
Warming seals in a container of warm water helps seals be more flexible for easier installation.

/ Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S #9  
Collection bottles didn't appear on those and the hoses just diverted oil in the coupler to the ground. The bottles started showing up in the mid 2000's and were utilized in Europe before being used in the US models

/ Rear Hydraulic Remotes on Ford 5610S #10  
My 3910 has those valves. They seep. Not enough that I've ever tried to replace the seals.

CNH has a wonderful website where you can view parts diagrams of every piece of your tractor. I use it frequently.

Here's a link to the website. It's my belief that CNH has the best parts access for older tractors of all the manufacturers.