Rear hitch for ZTR mower

/ Rear hitch for ZTR mower #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone put a rear drop pin hitch on a Kubota ZD18 or ZD21, or for that matter any other brand of ZTR for the purpose of occassionally pulling a rotary spreader or lawn sweeper? If so, other then being careful in your turns, how doyou feel this set-up has worked out? Has the front end been light or squirrely?

/ Rear hitch for ZTR mower #2  
I currently dont have a rear hitch, but will in the future. I have heard some unofficial concerns about Kubota voiding warranty because of rear hitches. I guess they're afraid you'll try to pull a gooseneck or something, but I don't see why I can't pull a seed spreader. I'll cross that bridge when I sell my JD lawn tractor.

/ Rear hitch for ZTR mower #3  
There are a couple of threads discussing this on
http://www.lawnsite.com/
A number of commercial operators have mounted hitches, and apparently Skag now offers one. At the website, hit the search button at the top and type in "ZTR trailer hitch" and you will get to at least one of the threads.

/ Rear hitch for ZTR mower
Guys, thanks for the input. I appreciate it. The one Kubota dealer I have spoken to said they would put a hitch on the back of the ZD18 or ZD21 for me, but he was kind of vague as to whether it would be a bolt on or weld on. I know the Exmark unit has a hitch kit available for about $50.