Rear fender switch on NX5510

/ Rear fender switch on NX5510 #1  

thekkfan

Gold Member
Tractor
'17 Kioti NX5510HC, '65 Ford 2000
Anyone know what size/brand rocker switch it takes for the right rear fender mount on the NX tractors?

Capture.PNG

I'm adding a rear 'hookup' light for obvious reasons. :D

/ Rear fender switch on NX5510 #2  
You can put a smaller one in by opening up the center of the plastic plug you remove. I think I got mine from either Auto Zone or Advance Auto parts.

/ Rear fender switch on NX5510 #3  
Anyone know what size/brand rocker switch it takes for the right rear fender mount on the NX tractors?

View attachment 575288

I'm adding a rear 'hookup' light for obvious reasons. :D

If you're set on a factory appearance, you can buy a modular OEM "Work Light" switch from your Kioti dealer (TractorJoe.com also sells it) that will snap right into one of those blank slots. It is Part No. T4935-54221 "Kioti Work Light Switch".

It's the same switch used for the work lights in the NX cab models. Very nice, and it has a work light symbol on the rocker that is back-lit with a green LED when on. A couple of years ago I added one to the switch panel on the right B pillar of my NX cab to control a pair of side LED flood lights. Then, last week, I installed two on my CK3510HST SE open station, in the two blank slots on the steering wheel console to control front and rear LED flood lights.

But, some cautions:

(1) They are not cheap: $50 each. :eek:

(2) For the green LED back lighting to work, the switch must be grounded. For your fender location, one of the M8 x 1.25 hex bolts that attaches the fender will work for this, using a 3/8" crimp-on ring connector. The ground pin is the one in the upper right corner.

(3) The switch is designed to mate with a special modular connector, not supplied with the switch. And the pins are "micro-pins", not standard blade pins. A work-around is to modify a standard crimp-on female spade connector by squeezing gently with pliers until it will grip the pin snugly. Once you have the fit right, I suggest insulating the exposed metal of the connector with 1/4" heat-shrink tubing, in case it get knocked loose. You'll need three of these, for the ground, the common +, and the "normally open" pin.

(4) There are no instructions with the switch, and the pin numbering does not cross to anything standard that I know of. In addition to the ground pin, there are three pins on the left side of the switch. The center pin and bottom pin are for Normally Open use which is what you want. The center and top pin are for Normally Closed use. I think Kioti uses this same switch, with different back-lit symbols, for various other applications.

A simpler approach would be to just snap out one of those blanks and take it to an auto-parts dealer to see what you can find that can be made to fit. JimR's approach of drilling a hole in the blank for an aftermarket switch, perhaps a simple waterproof toggle switch, is a very good one.

/ Rear fender switch on NX5510
   / Rear fender switch on NX5510 #5  
thekkfan: Were the switched you ordered too small or too large for the opening? Still dragging on my light/switch install. Seeing the different ones keeps poking at me.

/ Rear fender switch on NX5510