Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Grass blows all over the mower with the rear discharge deck. May get mulching kit as a fix. Considering covering the discharge outlet with heavy rubber. Anyone fixed this on their Kubota F? Anyone have any ideas?

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #2  
Some pics please.
Used to have a rear discharge Wheel Horse, and really liked it.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #3  
Is the new one different than your other one at the rental place?

-Rob

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models
Some pics please.
Used to have a rear discharge Wheel Horse, and really liked it.
Pics of what? The grass on the mower?

Is the new one different than your other one at the rental place?

-Rob
Haven't got my new one (F3080 4wd 72" deck) yet but I believe it will be the same. When I bought the first one (F2680 2wd 60" DECK) ) someone had posted they had an issue with the rear discharge deck blowing grass on the mower as a concern. i KNEW IT COVERED THE BATTERY AND SOME OTHER PLACES but when I did the 50 hour service I found grass packed in every nook and cranny in the mower, I'm checking on mulching kits but also seeking other solutions.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #5  
Considering the deck is in front of the mower itself I would expect that the rear discharge deck would tend to blow debris at and onto the mower :(. I am not sure why they would even offer a rear discharge deck on that type of mower.

Is there any way to extend the discharge shoot or place something over it to angle the output more towards the ground? The only issue with that mght be windrowing the output which also would be bad. The mulch kit idea sounds like a winner.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models
Considering the deck is in front of the mower itself I would expect that the rear discharge deck would tend to blow debris at and onto the mower :(. I am not sure why they would even offer a rear discharge deck on that type of mower.

Is there any way to extend the discharge shoot or place something over it to angle the output more towards the ground? The only issue with that mght be windrowing the output which also would be bad. The mulch kit idea sounds like a winner.
It actually discharges some what under the mower but dry grass blows around everywhere under the mower. I'm considering some type of heavy rubber like truck mud flaps that may divert it back a tad more eeither angled down or covering the exit. Checking on Mulching kit but will need 2 of them.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #7  
I mulch but be prepared to cut twice. If the grass gets too long, wet or turning may interfere with cut quality. I would personally rather have grass all over my mower than spend a ton on a unit only to make a shield for it that leaves clumps all over my yard.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #8  
Forget the mulch kit. Just block the discharge chute and see what happens. A mulch kit just keeps the grass under the deck and cuts it 2 or 3 times til it falls out. So what if it only cuts it once.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #9  
I have a mulch kit on my BX2350. I think its worth the money, it adds quit a bit of baffles under the deck, plus it comes with a discharge block off and different blades. I'm not sure what comes with the F mower kit. If you mow as often as you should, it will do a great job. I mow once a week, and as much rain as we had, I need to be mowing about every 4 to 5 days. As it is, I get a little bit of windrowing on the right side of my deck, and there are parts of my yard I will run over twice to get it cut a little better. I ran mine a few weeks without the mulch kit, and I think it windrows the grass a lot more and looks worse than if you use a mulch kit.

/ Rear Discharge mower on Kubota F Models #10  
IMHO the rear discharge mower deck on the F series is the only way to go. You can trim with either side of the mower deck which speeds up mowing. I don't have the problem of grass wind-rowing up against fence lines and buildings. You never have to mow over your grass clippings. I have mowed with both side discharge and rear discharge. Now that I have the rear discharge, I would not want to go back to the side discharge. Does grass accumulate on the rear part of the deck and up under the tractor? Yes. But a few minutes with the blow gun on the air compressor and all is well. It just takes a few minutes to clean it out of there ever so often. I think the advantages of the rear discharge mower greatly out weighs the disadvantages. But again, this is just one opinion.