Rear blade

/ Rear blade #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
So I have a l3700su and a 72" Befco land plane. The Befco works great, but it really is not the greatest thing to put pitch on the road. I looked at a 7 foot land pride at a dealer that was 800.00 +/- weight was in the 350 range. I thought that if I got a blade that I could of set . Than I could gather some of the gravel from the side of the road and get it back where it should be. How are the blades they sell at TSC ? I looked at them locally, they are about 400.00 but look a bit flimsy.

/ Rear blade #2  
I would look at the Woods HBL84-2
this is a medium duty blade about 550 lbs with a decent rating (75hp) so that you don't bend it up.

I have a small 5' blade from TSC but it is only used with my mower to push snow and minor things like loose dirt. For the larger machines and real ditch work get the better blades.

/ Rear blade #3  
I went from TSC rear blade to Woods rear blade years ago,well worth the extra $$'s

/ Rear blade #4  
I have a LandPride RBT1572 that I bought with my tractor before I had any experience blading. It has done OK, good in fact, but I wish it were heavier. At times I add weight. My LandPride is not heavy duty by any means but it is a lot more robust than those I see at TSC. From my experience it would seem to be way to easy to bend up a light duty blade if you use it much for road work. Heavy and strong are worth the money.
You will like the combination of a grading scraper and a blade for your road work.

/ Rear blade #5  
Look for a good used one, they come up pretty cheaply priced. I picked up a old John deere one for $200, same as a buhler allied I had borrowed from my uncle. I got a TSC back blade in a package dealer when I bought a used snowblower. The blade looks like junk to me. I might be good for snow, thats all though.

/ Rear blade #6  
350lbs is on the lighter end of what you want in a rear blade for that sized machine. And especially maintaining a drive. A light blade dont do worth a hoot. Just floats over everything and occasionally will grab a pebble or two.

What series blade was that? 15 or 25?

/ Rear blade
350lbs is on the lighter end of what you want in a rear blade for that sized machine. And especially maintaining a drive. A light blade dont do worth a hoot. Just floats over everything and occasionally will grab a pebble or two.

What series blade was that? 15 or 25?
`

The LandPride one that I looked at was ( I believe) a 15. The deal breaker for me was that to offset it, I had to unbolt it and slide it over and retighten it. I can see this getting real old real fast.

/ Rear blade #8  
Watch out for light blades. Those weighing ~100# per foot of width are a decent ballpark for durability. 350# on a 6 or 7' blade will mostly skim on any packed soil -- but if if hooks a solid object it will bend from the force ability of even a 3k# tractor.
larry

/ Rear blade #9  
Tomtint,

I have the Bison NHVH-242XHD, this thing is heavy and what is great about this unit it rolls the dirt. I have two cylinders on mine but can use three. This multi function unit is attached to my Mahindra 55304wd Turbo. I use it also to plow my 1/3 mile drive way. I also know that certain Landpride units will roll the dirt also. Open the following to see what the various units look like with specs.

Beaver Valley Supply Company - Bison Rear Tractor Blades

idaho2

Last edited:
   / Rear blade
Tomtint,

I have the Bison NHVH-242XHD, this thing is heavy and waht is great about this unit it rolls the dirt. I have two cylinders on mine but can use three. This multi function unit is attached to my Mahindra 55304wd Turbo. I use it also to plow my 1/3 mile drive way. I also know that certain Landpride units will roll the dirt also. Open the following to see what the various units look like with specs.

Beaver Valley Supply Company - Bison Rear Tractor Blades

idaho2

Those look real nice. I do not have rear remotes but I do have the loop from my power beyond that runs the BH. I'm almost positive I can't use it to power rear cylinders.