Rear back blade / Landscaping rake?

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #1  

melvinhatcher

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 John Deere M and 2016 Kubota L3301
I have a King Kutter landscaping rake and Countyline back blade. Is there a way to lubricate the swivel on these implements? :confused:

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #2  
unless you want to go through trying to put a grease fitting on, just oil it as best you can. They will wear no mater what you do.

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #3  
Greasing isn't really necessary. The swivel aren't under any constant load or are swiveled that often.
You can use a spray white grease and give the swivels a good shot. I've done this with a very old (no idea of the brand, but wouldn't be surprised if it's older then I am) rear blade I've had for years...still swivels.
If these implements are left outside, it probably wouldn't hurt to spray them occasionally (prevent rust).

Last edited:
   / Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #4  
If you are really serious drop the blade and apply grease by hand.:)

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #7  
Second the white lithium spray grease and I use a spray silicon grease to spray the whole thing with if I know it's not going to be used for some time and left outside.

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #8  
If you have access to some Cylesso use that. It's kinda stick and spreads over everything quite well.:laughing:

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #9  
That's actually a water displacement spray. Good stuff, but doesn't provide lasting lubrication.

Well, it is a "light lubricant", but I guess the spray grease would be best. I've never used any before...

/ Rear back blade / Landscaping rake? #10  
I thought about doing that, but the only thing that concerns me about lubricating the swivels, since they are not sealed, if you grease or oil it, it will attract dirt.