Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning
she just left for school...I told her to text me how things went when she arrives, and if there are any issues....hopefully not...

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #32  
she just left for school...I told her to text me how things went when she arrives, and if there are any issues....hopefully not...
btw sounds like you're a great dad as well

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #33  
If she reports all is good, you owe everyone that helped you $150 (each)....

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning
Well, she got about 20 miles west on I-10 in stop & go traffic and called me stating:

-the engine light came on,
-the electronic throttle control system light was flashing red
-the traction control light came on…
(See pic for all)

Went and picked her up and dropped jeep off at credible auto shop. I’m going back early Monday am b4 they open.

Questions:

if she drove the jeep 130-150 miles after the dealer repair w the hose i found not attached, could that have caused any damage to engine or other?

If yes, how do i prove it to dealership?

More than likely I’m stuck on having to get it fixed here, but if I can prove dealer screwed it up, they’re putting some skin in the game.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• BDAA9BB1-B737-4F7D-BB25-6AF9AD686785.png
    BDAA9BB1-B737-4F7D-BB25-6AF9AD686785.png
    4 MB · Views: 67
   / Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #35  
Was it still running fine after the lights came on? I doubt a disconnected vacuum line would cause these symptoms.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #36  
Look at the air intake to be sure it isn't cracked somewhere, especially the accordion sections. I doubt this is where the problem is.

Remove the top cover so you can check the hoses underneath it.

The air intake runs directly into the throttle body which is the metal body next to the green arrow.

Basically, take a look at every hose they'd have to have touched in order to replace or work on the throttle body.

View attachment 851692
That's what happened to my Ford Probe. It ran like crap. There was a crack on the accordion bellows by the air cleaner. The air leak messed up the MAAP sensor reading. Sealing it with some duck tape got me home just fine,

Last edited:
By the time i got to My daughter, i drove her car to the repair shop, while my wife daughter and dog followed me. When i started her car, only the engine light came on.. it drove ok to me. Not sure if the 30-40 min wait was able to cause the other warning lights to go out, but something strange is going on.

Was it still running fine after the lights came on? I doubt a disconnected vacuum line would cause these symptoms.
She stated that when all the warning lights came on, her car accelerated for a split second while she was going real slow in the traffic. Hey foot was on the brake so she immediately hit it to stop the acceleration. After that, she drove pulled off the interstate at next exit. On that driving time, nothing else happened other than the warning lights stayed on

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #39  
That vacuum line would not cause any damage just fool some sensors. It's new car and like new tractors it watches everything via the multiple computers on board. With knowing the actual error codes it is a crap shoot. Every single module on the new cars can call errors but it will just light up something on the dash that may or may not be close the actual problem.
I added high end scanner that can drill down to every module (well it did in 2015 but not newer) to my tool box. Until I buy something newer it will diagnose "Chrysler" vehicle much better than universal code reader.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #40  
Do you know the symptoms she was experiencing that caused her to take it to the dealership? They said they needed to fix the electronic throttle control. Not sure what is involved in that process but it sounds like a we don’t really know what is wrong but it is running fine now type of repair.

Likely, whatever was wrong before is still an issue.