Ready for a TN

/ Ready for a TN #1  

oldforestor

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kub M8560 Orange Millenium Falcon, Kub M4050 wonderful dependable relic
Well I love my little tc40d, but after 3 months I have accepted that it's just not enough machine. I need a full size frame, more weight and more power. It will handle a roll bale up front, but want to tip over if you want to move it. It's got alot of weight and traction, but not enough to pull a loaded hay wagon or a batrake. It'll bull through enything, but it cant pull an 8ft disc. I am however, petrified at losing my hydro ergonomics. Shifting doesnt look like much fun, especially with a loader. Is power shuttle my best option?

/ Ready for a TN #2  
Shifting on the TN's is almost invisible. It is so comfortable that you do not notice it. I have a manual shuttle and I shift back and forth without thinking most of the time. All the levers are up high for you to reach with ease. Even changing between gears if easy and seamless as you don't have to be stopped to change a gear. If you need to drop a gear, just push in the clutch and drop her one and release. No need to slow down or anything else. I have never used the power shuttle to know how well it works but your best bet is to demo both styles for a day or two and see how you like them. If you just bought a TC from them 3 months ago I don't think they will mind much letting you demo a couple tractors to trade up. Good luck and you will enjoy the TN.

/ Ready for a TN #3  
I think your 60 acres and the jobs you describe easily rate a TN. I'm curious why you bought the TC40D. Was it the ease of the hydro tranny? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ready for a TN #5  
I attempted several times on different threads to prevent people from buying CUT when they describe the task at hands such as baling hay,using rockhounds, or when they have too large an acreage. But then other posters,current CUT owners are on me like locusts on a wheat field,it is especially those with larger CUT, they think they can stretch it so that they could farm half of Kansas with it. I will no doubt get some flak from this post too but it wont deter me from telling potential buyer that tractors dont top out at 45HP .

/ Ready for a TN #6  
I know the type you are describing. All tractors are designed for specific tasks. The people who try to sell every one on a cut have never ran a Utility tractor before to know the differences and the ease at which a Utility will handle certain implements a Cut will have a harder time handling. But in the end, it is the buyers responsiblity to try out these machines before buying and if they believe that what they bought will work then that is the right choice. After all, we all need a bigger tractor eventually /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Ready for a TN #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Shifting doesnt look like much fun, especially with a loader. Is power shuttle my best option? )</font>

I've driven both th emanual shuttle and the power shuttle. While they are both easy to shift I am sold on the power shuttle. Just a flick of my left hand, no clutch required, changes from any of the 16 matched forward and reverse gears. I find it much less tiring to use than a hydro since I don't have to do anything to go, just flip the lever which flips as easy as the blinker in my car to go either forward or reverse.

Andy

/ Ready for a TN
Nobody sold me on a CUT, I sold myself that a CUT was more affordable, easier to handle, and plenty of machine. And that is true in many ways. And since 90% of my previous seat time was on a L2850 and 10% was spent terrified on an old Allis 185, I went for the CUT. I do Mow some tight areas and the 40 is perfect in that job. My neighbor who helps me tried to steer me right and I didnt listen. I dont really have any regrets as I think I can sell the 40 fairly easily and TN's are really not that much more considering how much more tractor you get.

/ Ready for a TN #9  
What TN model are you looking at buying?

/ Ready for a TN
just about any would work, I need the frame and the tranny most, and anything over 45 pto will do.