eBay/Craigslist Re Kubota tractors listed on eBay

/ Re Kubota tractors listed on eBay #1  

flakeylisa

Have been looking into buying a used Kubota tractor for our nursery and twice now have found information on tractor deals "too good to be true" but I'm not sure. One was a 2002 Kubota in Denmark that was "in perfect condition" that the owner would ship for free from Denmark to our door (after payment) for less than $3000 including shipping. The present one is a 1999 Kubota L 4200 Cab 4 Wheel Drive Loader for $3500 including shipping from England. Can someone please let us know if they have ever heard of anything like this or advise if this could be some kind of scam?

/ Re Kubota tractors listed on eBay #3  
Sounds like a scam to me too. I recently heard of a scam where a person overseas buys something you have for sale on ebay. You have it listed for $1000.They send you a "certified check" for $1500. You contact them, and they say oh sorry about that, just send me a check for $500. You send them a check for $500, and then find out their certified check was bogus. Now you are out $500 plus whatever you sold.

/ Re Kubota tractors listed on eBay #4  
It is a scam. Some of the commen charicteristics are foriegn, Western Union, names of other bidders with held,free shipping, a deal too good to be true.

They will want you to send the money Western Union, that way it isn't mail fraud. They will say something like send the money via Western Union under some made up name (I was told my use my dads name). Tell me the name and when I verify the money has arived I will ship the tractor. After you recieve the tractor change the name on the wired money to (the sellers name) and I will retreive the money.

Of course your responce is, 'Western Union is not an escrow service. I would gladdly use E-escrow (or one of the other online escrow services) to complete the transaction. They will say no it must be Western Union. You walk away from the deal with your money. At least that is what I did on a mower that was too good to be true.

Remember, you must protect yourself. Ebay will not, and they have no desire to, protect you. The only safe way on ebay is to see the merchedice and exchange money face to face.

/ Re Kubota tractors listed on eBay #5  
Lets see... They used to work for Kubota and gets discounted prices. Then have no need of the tractor. The tractors are in GREAT shape low hours but some cuts on the tire from NORMAL use. THEY pay the shipping and you have 3 days to decide to keep or ship back. They also may havee another tractor.

You wire the money via Western Union in your wifes, friends name. Send the info to the party in Denmark and the tracking # so they can confirm the money is there. They will then ship the tractor.... In reality they get the info create a fake ID, get the money and you're out a few thousand dollars.

I think the person's name maybe Lucinda...???

SCAM, I nearly called Ebay on them.

/ Re Kubota tractors listed on eBay #6  
I saw one just the other day that was a word-for-word copy of a real tractor that had sold just days before. Same pictures and everything, except NO TRACTOR. Of course the seller wanted it payed in full before delivery.
I would bid on a tractor on ebay, but no way would I send a dime to hold it. If it is a real sale I am sure that bringing cash when you picked it up would be good enough.