Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #41  

I know the feeling, although I still like my 1710 for a number of jobs, the loader on my L35 almost makes me giggle. Just don't do something with that L4610 loader with the rpm past 2000, it will be a blur and you'll have to wait until it stops moving to see the bucket clearly again! I also enjoy going from the full power mode gear 1 on up without stopping or using the clutch, forward or backwards. I'll have to look at my L35 to see where that filter is, sounds like a chunk of PVC sewer pipe clamped over it might be enough protection. I've found out how many things could be damaged under my 1710!

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #42  

Richh I agree with you the L4610 is the better choice and you should be more than pleased with the extra power.
Yes I use a cable winch to get the trees to the path then I either use the three point-I have a u shape that I use to lift the log end and a short chain that ties into the axle--this way all the stress is not on the three point and keeps it more stable.
I also use a single axle with float tires to load the trees up onto and pull that out of the woods works great as long as there are no super sharp turns.
The filter on my L3750 is tucked in pretty good I had to replace the outer canister once because I dented it and don't even know how. It wasn't leaking I did this for safty.
I added a plate to cover the clutch linkage it goes from one side of the cab to the other the reason for this was sticks and limbs alwasy seem to jump up in between the linkage and the side of the trans.
I have not ever totally ripped a hydraulic line off I've dented them once and the plate fixed that problem.
But all said and done its one tough tractor and given me years of good service. But now I'm getting my ducks in a row and in a year will upgrade to either a large L series or a small M series---Good luck with your new toy---Gordon