RCO Spicewood TX gone

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #1  

DavisHollow

Tractor
Yanmar 2610D
Next nearest dealer is in Seguin, 2:30 hour drive in a fast car. Any idea what the situation is? Is the other RCO Tractor in Greenville still open?

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #2  
Nope, It's closed too I just found out a week or two ago.
I don't know how they were all related but Alex Ryan was the main person in Greenville and I heard his uncle has cancer and his dad was ready to retire.

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone
Nope, It's closed too I just found out a week or two ago.
I don't know how they were all related but Alex Ryan was the main person in Greenville and I heard his uncle has cancer and his dad was ready to retire.
John Ryan was head honcho at Spicewood. I’m guessing related.

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #4  
Yes, both locations were owned by the two brothers. I left a message for John Ryan, he has not called me back...yet...

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #5  
One of the downsides of these family owned dealerships. If they decide to close their doors for whatever reason, customers are left hanging in the wind. Fortunately, some New Holland tractors are the same as LS, and we can find most parts at a local NH dealer. Otherwise, we may be forced to drive many hours for parts or service.

Dealerships do close their doors, or simply change which manufacture they are dealers for. My local LS dealer used to be the only Mahindra dealership in town. He let them go and shortly afterwards, a new dealership opened nearby that offered Mahindra along with several other manufactures.

Large corporations like New Holland and John Deere have that awesome dealer network that owners love so much, and rightfully so. But just because they are large, does not mean they are immune. Where I grew up in a small farming town, there was a large John Deere dealership just on the edge of town. It was there as long as I could recall. They were still there the day I graduated high school and left home for the military. But when I came home on leave, something was different. The dealership, that marked the edge of town, was different... was wrong. It was now the local school bus garage! Where did John Deere go?! They left. The nearest JD dealership was now a 45 minute drive away. This was very strange for such a large farming community. I still have no idea why they closed that dealership.

All this to say, dealers come and go. Good thing we have the internet these days and can order parts from distant dealers, shipped directly to our door. But for service, if you can't do it yourself, hopefully there is someone nearby who can.

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #6  
I bought my tractor from John when he was in oak hill. I was not thrilled when he moved out to Spicewood but it wasn't the end of the world. I have a couple of customers in Marble Falls and drive through Spicewood. The dealer in Seguin is actually a little closer to where my tractor resides, but I don't usually drive out that way for anything.

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #7  
Wow this is a shock. I bought my LS from John over two years ago. He had been selling and servicing LS for well over a decade and has had a very good reputation.

I had my tractor in for service at the beginning of the year and there were probably 30 or more new tractors on the lot in Spicewood and bunch of tractors there to be serviced.

Real shame if they are gone.

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #8  
Google Maps seems to think so.

1684290802035.png

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #9  
I wonder if they tried to sell them?

/ RCO Spicewood TX gone #10  
I guess I dodged that bullet. When I went to the other store months ago, they had inventory, but no one came out to check with me or see if they could sell me a tractor. I had much better service from EE in Azle and from Coker in Tyler.