Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #1,661  
Purchases instantly marked "Shipped" as soon as the order is placed is for the purpose of being allowed to instantly bill you for the order. Technically, many sellers ship on FOB (Free On Board) basis, which in short, means as soon as they place the goods with the carrier, the title and responsibility is yours - not theirs. Fortunately, the most retail sellers do not.

My opinion as to how it should be doesn't seem to jive with the real world.
I HAD one vendor who seemed to have an item in stock that others did not (backordered) so I ordered through them at a higher price. AFTER the whole transaction was complete, they notified me that my order would ship when they received more from the manufacturer. Backordered!

/ Rant on shipping #1,662  
I HAD one vendor who seemed to have an item in stock that others did not (backordered) so I ordered through them at a higher price. AFTER the whole transaction was complete, they notified me that my order would ship when they received more from the manufacturer. Backordered!
It seems to be rampant with online orders…

/ Rant on shipping #1,663  
I saw a cop pull over a Fedex truck yesterday. I bet the Fedex driver ranted about that. Probably was having a hard time finding an address, maybe the cop was there to help.

/ Rant on shipping
#1,664  
Or maybe he was expecting a package.
I've personally followed and questioned Fed Ex and UPS drivers (after they stopped for another delivery) in rural areas when online tracking showed the packages to be out for the second attempt at delivery. And I was successful a few times.
On the other hand I had a memorable DHL delivery that they could not find my house in my suburb development for weeks.

/ Rant on shipping #1,665  
I recently sent an envelope with a vehicle title to a friend in the UP. I figured since it was pretty important that I should send it certified, and to postal clerk agreed. I mailed it on a Thursday in Goshen, IN, from there I tracked it's progress and it went to South Bend, then to Ft. Wayne, sat there for 4 days, then back to South Bend, back to Ft. Wayne and back to South Bend. This took 11 days. She finally went to her local P.O. and they did something, a trace maybe, and finally on the second Friday after I mailed it, 15 days later, it arrived in Lake Linden, MI. An envelope of miscellaneous mail and paperwork I sent to her a week later arrived in three days.
Mysteries of the mail system.

/ Rant on shipping #1,667  
I recently sent an envelope with a vehicle title to a friend in the UP. I figured since it was pretty important that I should send it certified, and to postal clerk agreed. I mailed it on a Thursday in Goshen, IN, from there I tracked it's progress and it went to South Bend, then to Ft. Wayne, sat there for 4 days, then back to South Bend, back to Ft. Wayne and back to South Bend. This took 11 days. She finally went to her local P.O. and they did something, a trace maybe, and finally on the second Friday after I mailed it, 15 days later, it arrived in Lake Linden, MI. An envelope of miscellaneous mail and paperwork I sent to her a week later arrived in three days.
Mysteries of the mail system.
I gave a letter to the postman
He put it in his sack
Bright early next morning
He brought my letter back
Return to sender, address unknown
No such number, no such zone

-Elvis

P.S. I hope Elvis get a chance to play a tune in your Nova

/ Rant on shipping #1,668  
He put it in his sack

-Elvis

I doubt it, I'm not much of an Elvis fan.

/ Rant on shipping #1,669  
He put it in his sack

-Elvis

Ask a teenager what a zone is.