Rant of the day, turn on your headlights.

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
We have had some pretty foggy weather the last two days in my area. It always amazes me that about 10% of the people refuse to turn on their headlights. Is it the automatic headlight thing and people aren't smart enough to over ride it? Are these people just dense? Do they think since they can see the road they don't need their headlights? Where are all these fools that run their fog lights when its a clear night? They of course don't have them on when its actually foggy out. If I insulted anyone with this post, I'm only a little sorry and I hope you turn your lights on when its foggy out from now on.

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #2  
Absolutely pisses me off . Running down a 2 lane road with side roads intersecting and no ******* lights on . Isaw 4 today . Then they claim you pulled out in front of them after the wreck . I asked one dumbass the other morning , why don't you have your light's on . He said he didn't want to waste the bulbs . I am tired of these dumb ******* people in this world . Dense is probable, arrogant or stupid is my guess . THERE IS NO RESPECT on the roads anymore .

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #3  
Peruvian drivers are the worst ever. Even truck /bus drivers wont use their lights at dusk or dawn when there is usually a lot of fog on the coastal roads AND they pass on hills, blind curves, don't know what the meaning of ALTO is (stop sign) You want to get really pissed, try driving down there and most of their cars wont have the auto on headlights. When asked why they don't run their light, they say it might cause the battery to go bad if it is used much.

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #4  
I have always wondered about the people that drive around at dusk without their lights on how in heck they see their instrument panels.. I guess people too stupid to turn on their lights are too stupid to check their gauges also.! Fortunately as more and more vehicles have auto switched lights, I see less and less of people driving around in the dark without lights. There is nothing more exciting than meeting an idiot driving without lights in a gray or dark card after sunset over on your side of the center line.:shocked: You start to notice him from the reflectors built into the car. OK rant off. Yes it is one of my pet peeve's also.

James K0UA

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #5  
FWIW...Some drivers may have better vision than others...thus they are not always aware other drivers may not see as well in low visibility/light situations...

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #6  
FWIW...Some drivers may have better vision than others...thus they are not always aware other drivers may not see as well in low visibility/light situations...
Saw a moron in a Prius the other day. Full dark and raining, no headlights, no running lights driving down the interstate.

Aaron Z

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #7  
I've noticed as of late the 4wd pickups have a rake. The front end is slightly higher than the rear. One would think that this is purposeful as the telemetry would put more weight on the rear wheels, hence better traction.
I'm of the opinion that most of the small trucks with the lift, the exhaust mods, and the off road tires....never leave the pavement. Perhaps in the more northern latitudes there is a real need because of the snow, but here it's just for looks, an image.
If your the type of person that spends that kind of time and money to project an image, you have little interest in someone you don't know who can't see the shoulder of the road at night because your bright blue headlights are shining right in his, or hers, eyes. Your not going to take the time to re aim your headlights or spend the money to modify them to spread light here it does the most good, if it doesn't help promote your image or compensate for your inequities.

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #8  

I am sure that is true, but headlights need to come on not because you cannot see, but to be seen by others, many who may have very poor vision. Even in the twighlight hours between full daylight and full darkness, many people's vision degrades considerably. Of course the "no lights folks" are not thinking in those terms. I guess that is pretty much what you said.:)

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #9  
And then there are the idiots out driving In foggy conditions when they can't see lights on or not on.:thumbsup:

/ Rant of the day, turn on your headlights. #10  
And then there are the idiots out driving In foggy conditions when they can't see lights on or not on.:thumbsup:

Yeah those idiots that have jobs!