Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL

/ Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL #1  

Sodo

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator
I am planning a land cleanup project where I have to load a a couple dumpsters. Pretty sure there will be a dumpster for household, and another for clean green. I suppose I'd have the dumpsters for a week or 2.

My FEL (LA402 on Kubota B2710) will dump over a 66" wall, (I think) but the dumpster is 84 inches high. I have a sawmill, can build a beefy ramp without much trouble but even so, an 18 inch ramp seems a bit much to drive the tractor up repeatedly without accidents. Also worry about stuff falling out of the bucket onto "the operator".

Wondering if anybody has done something like this and can offer tips or pics. The 'ramp' (if used) would have to be movable along the dumpster.

/ Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL #3  
Would digging a shallow trench for the dumpster to set in be an option? Would keep from having to build something you may never need again.

/ Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL #4  
If its only a one time kind of deal why not dig a hole a foot deep and make a ramp out of the dirt you take out of the hole and put the dumpster in it. When your done fill the hole back in. Just a thought.

/ Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL #6  
Find a rental place with lower dumpsters.

For example:
dumpsters2.jpg

Photo above from
Richmond Hill Dumpster Rental | Dumpster Rental - Best In The Business!

/ Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL
hmmmm I could dig down 9 inches and drive up on logs covered with the dirt of excavation. Thanks very much for those ideas!

Thought of smaller dumpsters too, but looking for the most efficient method. Anytime I've used dumpsters in the past there has always been twice as much debris as I imagined - ALWAYS had to take pickup truck loads in addition so not inclined to order a smaller dumpster. But certainly will look at the cost/benefit for a smaller unit, a 6 footer would be so much simpler but I think it's either 4 foot or 7 foot.

/ Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL #8  
   / Ramp for Loading a 7 foot dumpster with FEL #10  
Agree with both suggestions already made. Order shorter dumpsters or use a pair of car ramps. Logs and dirt ramp will also work.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

AGT H12R Mini Excavator (A33526)
AGT H12R Mini...
CASE 440 SKID STEER (A32908)
CASE 440 SKID...
Sany SY50 Hydraulic Excavator Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50...
INGERSOL-RAND AIRCOMPRESSOR (A32908)
INGERSOL-RAND...
2016 Terex RL4 S/A Towable Light Tower (A32932)
2016 Terex RL4 S/A...
2015 John Deere 661R (A33526)
2015 John Deere...