Rake

/ Rake #1  

Krazi

Tractor
Kioti CS 2220
Is a 6ft landscape rake too much for a CS2220? The one I am looking at I think is 220 pounds 3 pt

/ Rake #2  
6’ is a bit much depending on what you will use the rake for. 5’ is probably more the correct size.

Last edited:
   / Rake #3  
Not sure why a 6’ wouldn’t work? It’s simply a pulling implement. I’d think the important thing is that it’s wider than the tire track of the tractor….
Oops, forgot this is a subcompact series. Jeff brings up a potential issue below. 🥴

Last edited:
   / Rake #4  

Kioti CS2220​

Kioti CS2220 tractor photo
2020 -
CS Series
Subcompact Utility tractor

Dimensions
Width:45.9 inches
116 cm
Weight:1554 lbs
704 kg
Ground clearance:6.4 inches
16 cm

With only 6.4" of ground clearance you may find a Landscape Rake designed for tractors with 12" (+/-) of ground clearance will not work for you. It is not only the ground clearance but also the short length of a subcompact's Top Link.

For many subcompact tractor owners a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment is a better choice. The articulation of the bucket, to which the Ratchet Rake is attached, is more versatile in application than a Landscape Rake on a subcompact tractor IN MANY CASES. The tractor operator can apply down pressure to the FEL/Ratchet Rake combination, which is not an option on subcompact category tractors.

Last edited:
   / Rake

Kioti CS2220​

Kioti CS2220 tractor photo
2020 -
CS Series
Subcompact Utility tractor

Dimensions
Width:45.9 inches
116 cm
Weight:1554 lbs
704 kg
Ground clearance:6.4 inches
16 cm

With only 6.4" of ground clearance you may find a Landscape Rake designed for tractors with 12" (+/-) of ground clearance will not work for you. It is not only the ground clearance but also the max length of a subcompact's Top Link.

For many subcompact tractor owners a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment is a better choice. The articulation of the bucket, to which the Ratchet Rake more versatile in application, than a Landscape Rake on a subcompact tractor IN MANY CASES. The tractor operator can apply down pressure to the FEL/Ratchet Rake combination.
Wondered. It looks huge in the store. With as long as the tines are, I wouldn't think you could get it very far off the ground.

/ Rake #7  
I use a rake a foot wider than my tractor. This allows me to get up close to the fence lines and when it is angled it about 6 ft wide, same as my MX5200 Kubota. I put a cylinder on the rake last yr to change the rake angle from the seat - that's a game changer for rake operation which is mostly rock gathering there.

Attachments

• IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3122.JPG
    IMG_3122.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 26
   / Rake #8  
Wondered. It looks huge in the store. With as long as the tines are, I wouldn't think you could get it very far off the ground.
Krazi- In terms of pulling power only, I think your CS2220 would probably handle a six-foot landscape rake just fine. Five-foot for sure. I've used a six-footer for 30 years on my 22hp Kubota 2150. I agree with Jeff that an issue may be lift height with your toplink setup and ground clearance, regardless of whether you go with six feet or five feet. Is there any way you can try one out? Maybe haul your CS to the store/dealer?

/ Rake
Gonna look around a bit. I see some that slide into a 2 inch receiver hitch that may have ways of adjustment. Using it mostly for sticks and leaf litter so not real heavy duty.