RAIN Finally!

/ RAIN Finally! #1  

Gale Hawkins

Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
We had our quarterly singing at church tonight and the most beautiful rain started then it really got hard. The nice thing it looks like it could last for several more hours.

This is our first real rain in about 6 weeks. The popcorn afternoon showers have been hit and miss for weeks. Corn was really hurting and the other crops as well. We could use a 3" rain if it came over time and there are chances of rain Mon/Tue.

Hope all in need are getting some. With hurricane season here it increases our odds.

/ RAIN Finally! #2  
Gale, good to hear. We got about a 1/2" this afternoon from a pop up shower. I 'll take it. It has been so hot that moisture gets sucked out of the soil quickly. Hope you continue to get some timely showers.

/ RAIN Finally! #3  
Gale, I wish I'd been there for the singing. My favorite music is southern gospel, especially male quartets. In fact, I just got through watching a tape of the Cathedrals farewell.

We had no rain from May 14 to June 15, and even then only got .86" in June.

But July is another matter.:) So far this month I've gotten 6.25", including 2.5" yesterday in not much more than an hour. Sure glad I mowed the yard Friday.

And I'm glad you're getting needed rain, too.

Attachments

• July Rain 001.JPG
    July Rain 001.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 113
  • July Rain 003.JPG
    July Rain 003.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 124
   / RAIN Finally! #4  
Gale, I wish I'd been there for the singing. My favorite music is southern gospel, especially male quartets. In fact, I just got through watching a tape of the Cathedrals farewell.

But July is another matter.:) So far this month I've gotten 6.25", including 2.5" yesterday in not much more than an hour. Sure glad I mowed the yard Friday.

Looks like Lake Bird there beside the driveway and a shedboat in the backyard.:laughing:

Glad to hear you guys are finally getting some rain. We're finally getting some sun.:laughing:

/ RAIN Finally! #5  

I know what you mean about southern Gospel...got a few CDs of some old southern gospel I listen to...

Wow! Lot of water in your back yard there, Bird!! 6.25" in July! And we're not halfway through the month yet!

Do you miss your old spread and that Kunota you had?

/ RAIN Finally! #6  
Prefer the Doobie Brothers myself but like alot of you, need the rain........

/ RAIN Finally! #7  
Do you miss your old spread and that Kunota you had?

Very much so.

Two hours after those pictures were made, you could look out and not even see a puddle. Everything here is flat enough that it runs off slowly, but does either run off or soak in pretty quickly.

/ RAIN Finally! #8  
Very much so.

Two hours after those pictures were made, you could look out and not even see a puddle. Everything here is flat enough that it runs off slowly, but does either run off or soak in pretty quickly.

Bird, I watched that storm move over you and told Kathy you were getting pounded. I was worried it might move up and catch me, but it went south and east of us. Our total rainfall since the 4th of July is 3.25". Before the 4th, we had another 2", so we are about an inch behind you. I had to toss a watermelon and several squash that were rotting and molding from sitting in water in my garden. I'm afraid now that the sun is coming out that cantaloupes and watermelons will explode from growing too fast.:( I have my fingers crossed.

/ RAIN Finally! #9  
Yep, Jim, it's amazing what a big rain will do make things grow. I'm sure you won't be surprised if melons burst from the fast growth. We had about .15" of rain sometime Thursday night, mowed, edged, and trimmed the yard Friday morning, even though it was a little damp, then Friday afternoon got another .92" of rain, then that 2.5" Saturday, and the yard needs mowing again after only 3 days!

/ RAIN Finally! #10  
We've been blessed with plenty of rain. In June we had almost 9", then nothing for a while but last Thursday we had a front come through and it dropped 2.5" in 20 minutes and then a gentle rain for the next 3 hours. We expect another rain tonight and tomorrow.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2008 Peterbilt model 340 (A33073)
2008 Peterbilt...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
Case IH Magnum 180 (A33526)
Case IH Magnum 180...
2024 Swict 84in Skid Steer Bucket Attachment (A32932)
2024 Swict 84in...
Hooten Pcf Creep Feeder (A33041)
Hooten Pcf Creep...
Caterpillar 299D (A33526)
Caterpillar 299D...