Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,081  
I first saw this compressed air locomotive in a park in Rapid City, SD years ago and started researching them.

(not my picture)

IMG_2797.jpeg

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#3,082  
Three Union Pacific 4-8-4 “Northern” Locomotives UP 809, 811 and 815 in Council Bluffs, Iowa, circa 1937. These locomotives were among some of the last steam locomotives constructed for UP, with UP 844, the “Living Legend,” delivered in 1944.

However, UP did briefly consider an additional evolution of the Northern series of steam locomotives, known as the Super 800s. These locomotives would have had increased power for high-speed freight service.
380352720_699597928879426_3231703227338637938_n.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,085  
Please keep the politics out of this thread.
Agree.

I went to look at what provoked that post and discovered that thread is now a cesspool. Let's leave them alone to swim in their own s***. We can do better than that by looking toward the positive.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,086  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #3,087  
I would like to know more about the temporary tram roads used in the coastal plains of the south for harvesting (and nearly decimating) the long leaf yellow pine. This would have been after the arrival of the railroads around 1900 to areas from southern Georgia to east Texas. Those tram roads must have been everywhere in my neck of the woods. Any links or information appreciated.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,088  
Tram roads were used in the Missouri Ozarks to harvest Oak back in the day.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,089  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #3,090  
Agree.

I went to look at what provoked that post and discovered that thread is now a cesspool. Let's leave them alone to swim in their own s***. We can do better than that by looking toward the positive.
While I agree, you have the very politics you speak of in your signature.