Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#2,341  
There's a small yard on the SW corner of our town. Occasionally, they bring in this train of living quarters that I assume are for people that are working on the RR tracks in the area.

Kind of interesting. I caught it on google earth.
When BN brought in a steel gang to lay new ribbon-rail to the little town I resided in they brought there living quarters train with themselves.. Even hauled there autos. They just need potable water and a sewer system to rent. Not sure but maybe need power as well.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,342  
When BN brought in a steel gang to lay new ribbon-rail to the little town I resided in they brought there living quarters train with themselves.. Even hauled there autos. They just need potable water and a sewer system to rent. Not sure but maybe need power as well.
Yep. They lay down a PVC drainage pipe next to the train and plumb the toilets into that. Don't know about water and electric, as I'd be trespassing to go down there and look the next time it's here. It freezes here, so I'm not sure what they'd do about that.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,343  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #2,345  
It's getting to be that time of year again. The rivers are rising.

Bruce

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,347  
It's getting to be that time of year again. The rivers are rising.

Bruce
Being picky, but if the guy with the chain saw would have cut only one side of the strap, they might have gotten a second use from it.
Although the thought of the water resistance on that big stump did scare me a bit-might break the bridge framing.

Last edited:
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #2,348  
Being picky, but if the guy with the chain saw would have cut only one side of the strap, they might have gotten a second use from it.
Although the thought of the water resistance on that big stump did scare me a bit-might break the bridge framing.
I was thinking that maneuver was not thought out real well, but then i don't go around yanking huge stumpage off of bridge pylons, so maybe there was a reason they did what they did.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,349  
I think three Geeps were a little overkill for that job.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,350  
All that, to just send it down river, to be someone else's problem? Shame on them.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

WILMAR FERTILIZER SPREADER, (NOT COMPLETE)... (A34808)
WILMAR FERTILIZER...
New MIVA VA13 Mini Excavator (A34302)
New MIVA VA13 Mini...
2018 Case IH Magnum 340 MFWD Tractor (A33783)
2018 Case IH...
Snorkel S3219E Scissor Lift (A34126)
Snorkel S3219E...
CHAPPELL POWER WASHER W/ 500 GALLON TANK ON SKID (A34808)
CHAPPELL POWER...
Rebel 5400 Vermeer Baler (A34302)
Rebel 5400 Vermeer...