radial tires and liquid ballast

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #41  
It still takes longer to change a tire with fluid than a tire with air, so there’s that.
Longer downtime equals less reliability.

Plainly obvious You don’t have any idea what it’s like to lose a day with hay on the ground, either. And it could be just as bad if it’s a tractor trying to get property cut before rain coming.
Go ahead and try to talk yourself around it, but you can’t. It‘s called math.

One guy here that farms uses fluid and that’s your sampling proof? lol Well, bless your heart.

I know more farmers who use cast weight than fluid. Way more and I’m one and you’re not. So there’ s that.

And also: I never said it doesn’t work. I just said it reduces reliability. If you can’t understand that, you’re just ignorant.
Easy now Skippy.

No one said they are right.

No one said you are wrong.

Except you.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #42  
The other underlying issue is, with CACL especially, a leaking tire, leaking CACL will kill the hay or whatever plants it contacts for a long time. Nasty stuff and it rots rims too.
Very true. There are far better alternatives.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #43  
Easy now Skippy.

Except you.
I didn’t either. Nice gaslight attempt, though.

Your statement “no one here uses CC“ is proposterous. I’ll bet there’s a substantial amount of people still using CC with success. Some people buy used tractors with filled rims and don’t even know what’s in them. lol

Beet juice was a big hit about 10 years ago. My local dealers stopped carrying it because its such a smelly mess.

Nothing cleaner & easier than wheel weights for ballast and they rarely affect reliability because they rarely cause extra time for tire changes.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #44  
I didn’t either. Nice gaslight attempt, though.

Your statement “no one here uses CC“ is proposterous. I’ll bet there’s a substantial amount of people still using CC with success. Some people buy used tractors with filled rims and don’t even know what’s in them. lol

Beet juice was a big hit about 10 years ago. My local dealers stopped carrying it because its such a smelly mess.

Nothing cleaner & easier than wheel weights for ballast and they rarely affect reliability because they rarely cause extra time for tire changes.
No, you just said anyone using fluid is ignorant. I guess that's different than right/wrong.

Yep, I'm sure if you dig around hard enough you could find a tire with CC. It would be a 20 year old tire that hasn't had a repair.

I agree weights are best. Until you factor in cost.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #45  
No, you just said anyone using fluid is ignorant. I guess that's different than right/wrong.

Yep, I'm sure if you dig around hard enough you could find a tire with CC. It would be a 20 year old tire that hasn't had a repair.

Actually I said one person (Jyoutz) was ignorant if he didn’t understand that, but please go on living in your geriatric fantasy world.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #46  
Easy now Skippy.

Except you.
Personal experience always prevails. Been there, did that, won't happen again, ever. Like I said, CACL is nasty in so many ways.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #47  
Personal experience always prevails. Been there, did that, won't happen again, ever. Like I said, CACL is nasty in so many ways.
I agree. No CC for me.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #49  
Actually I said one person (Jyoutz) was ignorant if he didn’t understand that, but please go on living in your geriatric fantasy world.

No quote replied to.

"And also: I never said it doesn’t work. I just said it reduces reliability. If you can’t understand that, you’re just ignorant."

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #50  

I really depends on individual circumstances. In my area, crop farms are producing Chile, onions, beans, melons, cotton, and alfalfa hay on ground that has been cultivated for a century or more. Very low risk of tire punctures in those situations. On the other hand, if someone is working grass hay on fields that are reclaimed forest land with potential for staubs and also doing part time construction work, that situation is a higher risk for tire puncture.