R4047 Shuttle shift runs but won’t move!

/ R4047 Shuttle shift runs but won’t move! #11  
I suspect it's a linkage issue as others have stated. The clutch will burn up, especially if engaging the pedal at high RPM, that's really rough on the clutch (this is why we have a gas pedal) But even then, it will be noticeable over time, the clutch will slip more and more, and you will likely notice more and more free play in the pedal.

If a tractor is working and moving like normal, and suddenly stops without a bang, clank, jerk, or explosion... and there is no massive amount of fluid flowing from under the tractor, the hydraulics work and the engine is still operating normally, then it's probably a linkage problem. Here is what likely happened: You were out working and a pin or bolt came loose. As you continue to work, with vibrations, jostles, and movement of the controls, that pin, nut, or bolt kept getting more and more lose, but still working. You put it into reverse and let out the clutch, the linkage probably let go right then! The transmission may not have been all the way engaged and you rolled to a stop.

There is a chance that it is something a bit more serious, but that is doubtful. I'm thinking either the shift fork broke, or the forward/reverse shaft broke. But again, thats doubtful.

/ R4047 Shuttle shift runs but won’t move! #12  
Its lkely the gear shift lever. Take your dash cover off and check your gear shift linkage under the dash.

The gear shift for forward/neutral/reverse on the left side of your console has a gear shift lever. There's a tube inside another tube with a sort of cotter pin but its actually an expansion pin that ties the upper shift lever to your lower shift lever that goes into your transmsission.

That pin likely fell out and you cant put your tractor into gear (forward or reverse) so your just stuck there everything works as it should just not able to change into forward or reverse gear.

I had it happen to me.... thought I blew up my tranny but found the pin laying on the floor of the tractor under the fuse box.

There's a hole in the gear shift lever shaft where the pin should be. Can sub a cotter pin in there for the expansion key/pin or put the original back in and duct tape it so it cant slide out again.

/ R4047 Shuttle shift runs but won’t move! #13  
Sounds like it should be something pretty cheap and easy to fix once you figure out exactly what has gone wrong.