Quoted Price Check Max 26XL

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL
Nothing wrong with new, new is great when you can afford it.

How much experience do you have with tractors? SCUT and CUTs aren稚 dozers, the FEL usually doesn稚 lift as much as new owners expect, I see it a lot and they trade up for a larger machine.

26 Max is a great property maintain size, it痴 great to move and haul materials, the BH is very capable and digs a nice 6ft hole. I would be concerned with wanting to drag logs.

Land levelers are great for existing driveways, they do great behind smaller, lighter tractors because they don稚 drag hard like a box blade. Box blades are better for breaking new ground or hard packed digging, land plane is not good with hard packed material. That being said I知 in the market for a box blade, I have way more use for one than I do land plane.

John, I have zero experience with tractors aside from driving my Grandpa's 1940 JD (Large Farm Tractor) across his horse and cattle farm in VA when I was about 10 years old. We did no work, I was just learning how to drive a stick shift :)

I don't want to drag logs, rather, I want to cut them to size with a chainsaw (maybe 5') and grapple them in short pieces up the hill to my splitter. Does that make a difference? Again, I'm in no rush here. I'm lucky to have time to kill and a little bit of cash to spend on diesel. I appreciate the advice on land levelers. I'm not sure what I need to keep my driveway in shape which is why I will be hiring someone once the four feet of snow currently on the ground melts. I will watch, learn, and come back here for more advice on that.

As for lifting... If the FEL won't lift it, I might be disappointed but it won't ruin my day. Would the BH lift better? Are there other options I should consider? I'm really not sure what I would want to lift that would be over 6 or 700 Lbs.... Could I drag it (as seen on some sketchy YouTube videos?)

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #12  
John, I have zero experience with tractors aside from driving my Grandpa's 1940 JD (Large Farm Tractor) across his horse and cattle farm in VA when I was about 10 years old. We did no work, I was just learning how to drive a stick shift :)

I don't want to drag logs, rather, I want to cut them to size with a chainsaw (maybe 5') and grapple them in short pieces up the hill to my splitter. Does that make a difference? Again, I'm in no rush here. I'm lucky to have time to kill and a little bit of cash to spend on diesel. I appreciate the advice on land levelers. I'm not sure what I need to keep my driveway in shape which is why I will be hiring someone once the four feet of snow currently on the ground melts. I will watch, learn, and come back here for more advice on that.

As for lifting... If the FEL won't lift it, I might be disappointed but it won't ruin my day. Would the BH lift better? Are there other options I should consider? I'm really not sure what I would want to lift that would be over 6 or 700 Lbs.... Could I drag it (as seen on some sketchy YouTube videos?)

Mahindra has one of the leading lift capacities for FEL, my buddies 28 Max XL, if it didn’t have the BH for ballast, the FEL has enough lift to upset the tractor.

Lift to full height at pins is 1400lbs, the tractor itself is only 1800lbs so unless you have lots of ballast that can get sketchy real quick. Further away from the pins the load is, less you can lift, bucket weight is also subtracted, so if the grapple and bucket is 400lbs, you could lift 1000lbs on the pins, if the weight is on the end of a grapple, that might go down to 600lbs.

There is lots of threads on safety here, read up on them, they will prob save your life. Like driving in 4wd when going down hills with ANY load on the loader, 2wd all breaking is in the rear, what happens when the rear end gets light as the nose dips down? At that point you are going for a ride till the tractor levels out and the rear grabs again, lots of funny stories from guys that had that experience with no injury or major machine loss. Another is if the rear end starts to come up, dump the FEL, push the control lever forward and drop the loader, I have done that at least 3 times pricking with big round bales, I came really really close to upsetting my 4320 (48hp 5300lbs).

Thanks John! I'm all about safety and try to do as much learning as I can on those subjects. I appreciate the advice and the warnings! I promise to do my best to not become a tragic story. Really. Thank you!

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #14  
If you buy a BH for the Max, make sure you have the special seat, it raises and swivels 180 degrees to use the BH, then goes back 180 degrees for driving the tractor, it’s slick.

As far as loaders go, if the FEL has one center cylinder it’s made in South Korea, if it had dual smaller hydraulic cylinders it’s made in Japan.

I saw a video from a dealer saying the South Korean version was a bit cheaper price wise, both had same warranty etc.

If you buy a BH for the Max, make sure you have the special seat, it raises and swivels 180 degrees to use the BH, then goes back 180 degrees for driving the tractor, it痴 slick.

As far as loaders go, if the FEL has one center cylinder it痴 made in South Korea, if it had dual smaller hydraulic cylinders it痴 made in Japan.

I saw a video from a dealer saying the South Korean version was a bit cheaper price wise, both had same warranty etc.

I'm getting a new Woods BH with the package which has it's own seat. I'm still curious if the 2018 Max 26XL comes standard with a suspension seat which would be new as far as my research goes.

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #17  
I'm getting a new Woods BH with the package which has it's own seat. I'm still curious if the 2018 Max 26XL comes standard with a suspension seat which would be new as far as my research goes.

Is it a 3pt BH or frame mounted?

It's a frame mount. I have learned that 3pt is a bad idea for a BH ;-)

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #19  

Careful with aftermarket backhoes if you have any warranty left. Putting one on tends to void your warranty.

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #20  
I would beat the dealer up on the woods back hoe, I would want the mahindra BH with that fancy mahindra seat. Unless the woods was half price the mahindra BH I wouldn’t want it. They are not getting full price out of me for something special order just to get rid of it.

The mahindra BH is plenty stout, my buddy is hard on things and he hasn’t been able to hurt his yet.