Quick question about Anderson style connectors

/ Quick question about Anderson style connectors #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
Can a 1ga wire connector be mated to a 4ga connector? The 4ga is 50amp.

I've only used the 4ga size, and was going to hook up a connector from my truck batter to the back of the truck for a direct dump trailer feed. I thought I would also use it to power my 12v fuel transfer pump on the tank for the farm. However, I realized the tank has a 4ga connector and I had planned on using 1ga from the battery to the back of the truck.

Basically, are there different physical sizes of connectors for different gauge wires?

/ Quick question about Anderson style connectors
Thanks for the link. I called that company and they said that in all likelihood, I need a different shell. And it will work. Just pop out the connectors and put them in a new shell.

Thanks

/ Quick question about Anderson style connectors #4  
As you can see in the link, the SB350 series housing will take connectors ranging from 1/0g to 4/0g. Those are gigantic! Good for up to 350 amps! It sounds like you may currently have the SB175 or PP180 series housings and terminals, as these will take terminals from 1/0 through 6g.

SB175/PP18 SB Series Powerpole Loose Piece Contact | Powerwerx

You just need to get the correct size terminal for your wire. Anderson/Powerwerx also sell reducing bushings if needed to fit smaller wire in the larger terminals.

Reducing Bushings for Powerpole Connectors | Powerwerx