Quick Hitch for my new GC1725

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725 #1  

loulblades

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
I have partially retired my GC2300 (it still has work to do) and I just started looking for a quick attach setup. My 2300 has had Pat's system on it since not long after day 1. I have seen plenty of messages regarding quick attach systems over the years but I have just started searching so thought I would throw it out there.

The Pat's system has served me well over the years but I wondered if there was something else available.

Also I have a requirement to adjust width due to a couple of old implements that are not standard Cat 1 width.

I have looked at Speeco, Titan and Yitamotor but I see no way to adjust the width (unless I am missing something).

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725 #2  
using pats due to it gives a little higher lift than other hitches I have either owned or tested. due to the hitch sits out about 3" longer from end of lift arm maintaining the same plane. plus I have some stuff I hook to that the ability to alter width helps.

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725 #3  
I have looked at Speeco, Titan and Yitamotor but I see no way to adjust the width (unless I am missing something).

Any input would be appreciated.
Harbor Freight is the cheapest source for that same non-adjustable QH. But add the Speeco top hook to make it more versatile.

People have widened those slightly with a Farm Jack, where needed.

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725 #4  
The popular concept of using fixed size QH is to mod older "non standard" implements (one time) to fit "standard" QH size...

_ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725
Thanks for the input but at this point it looks like I will be sticking with Pat's.

Lou

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725 #6  
I had the JD quick hitch and found out it wasn't so quick. I replaced the draft links with the extendable kind and life was much better.

Dave

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725 #7  
Post #4 -- a "popular concept?" Not to me. It is indicative of the PITA that a quick-hitch is. NOT universal. This unpopular concept to me amounts to the tail wagging the dog. I only have two primary implements for which the ability for quick-hitching matters. A 7'8" flail mower and a 7' Bush Hog. One guy has trouble getting perfect alignment for that kind of implement and it seriously impacts ability to get on with the work at hand. For that reason I invested in the "Jiffy Hitch" brand of inverted "V" hitch which is self-aligning left/right, grossly simple and quick to use and made very solid and sturdy. Notice I did not mention cheap. But to me the Jiffy Hitch solves the primary issues once and for all.
jiffy hitch.JPG

20221027_120210.jpg

20221001_102930.jpg

/ Quick Hitch for my new GC1725
I have looked at these in the past but realized if I wanted it to truly be "quick", I would have to purchase the implement side for each implement. As you mentioned, this can get pricey. I do like the self aligning concept because there are times when I wish I had another person to help hook up.

I have built a device that uses electric linear actuators with a control box that allows me to control the actuators together or separate to adjust the lower links. I built this for my last tractor but never installed it but plan to shortly on this tractor. Of course I still have to get off to connect the top link. I am also considering installing a cheap backup camera. Can't turn to look behind me as well as previously.

Thanks for the input.
Lou

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR