Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB?

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #1  

lcgeek

Tractor
none
Howdy! First post. Looking to get a SCUT or CUT and tested out a MF GC1720 with backhoe. I wanted to love it based on specs and pricing. Upon my test ride at dealer a couple things I noticed. First, I'm an average sized person and the steering wheel seemed awkwardly low...like around my knees. Of course it wasn't but it felt like it.

Also, it took more effort than I would like to press both the forward and reverse pedals. If I drove it for 30 minutes my right leg would be worn out. :laughing:

Anyone else notice this on these MF's or otherwise have thoughts or feedback?

I see the new GC 1725MB, which is similar tractor has some design features that may change the steering wheel issue...tilt for one. The seat height is partically because it's double use with backhoe and it is spring loaded so sits higher than normal I guess?

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #2  
The 1725MB is the evolution of the GC1720TLB. It's essentially the same motor and frame, same on tractor hydraulics and same power output. The changes are primarily a move asthetically toward what they call the global platform/appearance and a retooling/restyling of some the frustrations/feedback of GC1705/1710/1715/1720 owners.

New tractors are inherently stiff to operate at first but loosen up a bit with time and use and regular lubrication. Also, the 1720 and 1725 have cruise control levers if your on the machine traveling consistently such as mowing in space that could reduce fatigue.

Bottom line is if you had hangups on the 1720, look at a 1725 to see if it addresses them. You'll find people here overwhelming love their Iseki made Massey Ferguson GC tractors

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB?
The 1725MB is the evolution of the GC1720TLB. It's essentially the same motor and frame, same on tractor hydraulics and same power output. The changes are primarily a move asthetically toward what they call the global platform/appearance and a retooling/restyling of some the frustrations/feedback of GC1705/1710/1715/1720 owners.

New tractors are inherently stiff to operate at first but loosen up a bit with time and use and regular lubrication. Also, the 1720 and 1725 have cruise control levers if your on the machine traveling consistently such as mowing in space that could reduce fatigue.

Bottom line is if you had hangups on the 1720, look at a 1725 to see if it addresses them. You'll find people here overwhelming love their Iseki made Massey Ferguson GC tractors

Thanks for the reply. Dealer called and just got in a 1725 so going to check it out tomorrow. Also a Kubota bx23s and Mahindra Max 26xlt are on the schedule for tomorrow as well.

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #4  
Thanks for the reply. Dealer called and just got in a 1725 so going to check it out tomorrow. Also a Kubota bx23s and Mahindra Max 26xlt are on the schedule for tomorrow as well.
I looked at both of those brands back in the day. A Kubota BX25D and Mahindra Max and eMax models at the time of purchase. I also checked out Yanmar, Kioti and John Deere 1 series subcompacts. I really didn't care for the fit and finish of Mahindra's...they seemed a bit less refined. Kubota, Massey (iseki made), and Yanmar are all nice quality Japanese origin machines. Kioti is Korean made and John Deere is global with Yanmar motors and other parts. The lifting power, PTO horsepower and price made Massey my #1 choice. I also have access to a great family of dealerships to support it that are close enough for me (40min drive). Best of luck finding the machine for you!

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #5  
I looked at the 1725 and the biggest change is the tilt steering wheel, nice feature for sure, the little tool box on the right fender is nice and they relocated the FEL joystick next to your right so you don稚 have to really reach for it and a metal guard around the rear lights, overall it is not bad but I went with the 1705 just because they gave me a good deal on it, if they did not have the 1705 on the lot I would of went with the 1725.
On a side note if there would of been a 1526 on the lot that might of been going home with me but now I also have a understanding with the salesman/owners son that I will be trading in the 1705 in a couple years for probably a 1734e if they have all the issues worked out of the tier 4 system by then, I am sure they will.

Jim.

P.S
I might be trading sooner than later being I might be adding another 40 acres in 3-4 years.

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #6  
I looked at the 1725 and the biggest change is the tilt steering wheel, nice feature for sure, the little tool box on the right fender is nice and they relocated the FEL joystick next to your right so you don稚 have to really reach for it and a metal guard around the rear lights, overall it is not bad but I went with the 1705 just because they gave me a good deal on it, if they did not have the 1705 on the lot I would of went with the 1725.
On a side note if there would of been a 1526 on the lot that might of been going home with me but now I also have a understanding with the salesman/owners son that I will be trading in the 1705 in a couple years for probably a 1734e if they have all the issues worked out of the tier 4 system by then, I am sure they will.

Jim.

P.S
I might be trading sooner than later being I might be adding another 40 acres in 3-4 years.
If the current day 1526 existed in 2015 when I got my GC1710TLB it would have been a tough call. I needed the backhoe at the time and the 1526 doesn't have one, but the position control 3pt system is something I would add to my GC in a heartbeat.

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB?

Jim.

P.S

thanks for feedback. I was able to check out the 1725 this weekend. A few subtle changes indeed, ergonomically it felt better. What other tractors did you consider before going with the 1705?

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #8  
It also depends on the year for the GC1720 - my 2016 GC1720 has the low shallow wheel, but the 2017+ should have the taller, deep-dish wheel that allows for a more upright seating position for folks with shorter arms. You could always have the dealer swap it out as part of the purchase.

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #9  
thanks for feedback. I was able to check out the 1725 this weekend. A few subtle changes indeed, ergonomically it felt better. What other tractors did you consider before going with the 1705?

I looked at all 4 of the 1700 series Massey had on the lot plus a 1734e I also looked at JD and Kabota, the main reason I went with Massey is because the salesman treated me like he wanted my business, he answered all my questions no matter how dumb and he also asked me questions about my property and what I was going to use it for.

I went back 3 different times for a total of 6 hours maybe and he never seemed to be impatient with me, the salesman at the Green dealership just asked what I wanted and gave me a price, he did not even go outside to help me look, I never went back, the salesman at the Orange dealership talked but never really asked me any questions, did not feel like I was important but he did give me a price.

Went back to the Massey dealership on a Saturday morning and the salesman treated me the same as the first time we meet except he greeted me with my first name. We signed papers.

Now I understand that all dealerships are not the same I am sure if there were other dealerships close to me I might of been treated totally different but as they say.. It is the first impressions that make or break a deal most of the time.

Jim.

/ Questions on MF GS 1720 and 1725MB? #10  

Anyone looking at that type of machine should also be looking at the LS MT125.