Questions about new T494...just arrived today

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today
So tell me about this regen thing...the century had exactly the same motor...no regen. Why does the same non turbo motor now "need" a regen. Is there a way to bypass it?

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today #12  
It is because the EPA requires them to meet tier 4 emissions standards. They added a manual regen to help with keeping the DPF clean. It actually is an improvement over the earlier tier 4 engines with DPF and no regen options.

You can remove the DPF and replace it with a muffler but the light will stay on unless you unplug the data logger. If you do that on the new ones you lose some of the gauges. I am sure there is a way to get the gauges to work but I have not studied the wiring diagram on these.

Mine is an earlier version of the same engine and the DPF fell off and a muffler appeared magically. So no issues at all and everything works with the data logger unplugged.

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today #13  
Honestly, this is the first and only new vehicle my 81 year old father has ever had in his life. To see how happy he is really makes it worth it.

Thanks for the encouragement and help!

That's really awesome, and brings a smile to my face. I'm glad, even in our small roll, we helped bring your father some joy.

You guys can pay for it, but we don't mind taking credit, lol.

Seriously though, that's wonderful; I hope he gets all the seat time he needs to keep that smile.

I am so glad he has it...like you say, hopefully he has opprotunity to do some serious seat time before it is too late...he has some serious health issues and is on daily chemo...and has been for a long time.

Thanks everyone.

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today #15  
The Kukje A2300N4 engine doesn't need much regen if you keep it working between 1800-2400 rpms, I just reached 402h on my T474 with the N/A 48.3Hp version. Never had a requested regen in my ownership. If you are wondering about the block heater, I made an install video with part numbers in the description.

I use the block heater for about an hour before use, I've burnt up the dealer installed one thus I made the video to replace it.

I've used Rotella T6 5w40 after the initial 50h service being I live in the northern Rockies and winters get cold here.

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today #16  
Awesome time with no regen

Thanks all...what hydralic fluid do you suggest we add to use a new grapple on our 3rd function?

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today #18  
Not sure I get what you're asking?

Shouldn't really need to add any to your tractor, unless it's already low. The few feet of hose you add to the system shouldn't amount to anything significant.

ok...I guess we will just connect it up and see...the hoses are each 60 inch.

/ Questions about new T494...just arrived today #20  
After 2+ months of waiting it finally arrived. Factory 3rd function kit is so well done on the loader...really pleased with it.

Upgraded vinyl seat vs the standard cloth.

Came with a Kenwood radio installed...is that normal? Now for the questions:

1. How do we change the speedometer to MHP instead of KM/H?
2. Manual says in 1 place to never idle more than 2 minutes after starting, in another it says to let it warm for 30 minutes in cold weather. Which is right?
3. Came with 7 hours on the odometer...is that normal?
3.5 Where might the plug be for the block heater?

4. Anything else we should know about it?

Really excited...it is so smooth compared to the Century C47 we traded in on it.

Thanks everyone!
One of the TYM youtuber's has a video on how to change those setting-Tractor Time With Tony--I think--If it wasn't Tony then it was Hamilton Farms youtube channel.