Price Check Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F

/ Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F #1  

dmryce

Tractor
Kubota L2501F
This question might be a little different than some of the others. I didn't see anything in the rules, so if this is not allowed, please let me know. Before my Uncle passed in 2017, he purchased a brand new L2501F from a local equipment retailer. He only owned the tractor for two months before we lost him, so the tractor hasn't seen a lot of use. We are trying to sell it locally because my Aunt can't operate it. It has around 18 hours on it. We haven't had a lot of luck selling so far and I believe the pricing may be off. All of the pricing research I've seen is for 4WD models. Could anyone suggest what a fair price for the tractor might be? Thank you.

/ Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F #2  
TractorHouse auction has them selling for 8-10,000 .

/ Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F
   / Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F #4  
Two wheel drive has dropped in popularity - a LOT!! I'm not sure why as it's adequate for many purposes still. Then again go look at pickup trucks. How many new two wheel drive units do you find on the lot compared to four wheel drive?

/ Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F #5  
Does the L2501 you are attempting to sell have a front-end-loader?

Most 2-WD L2501 tractors would not have a front-end-loader, as most are purchased for mowing over flat ground.

Does the L2501 you are attempting to sell have an HST transmission, or is it clutch & gear? Tractors used primarily for light-duty mowing frequently are clutch & gear.

Two wheel drive has dropped in popularity - a LOT!! I'm not sure why as it's adequate for many purposes still. Then again go look at pickup trucks. How many new two wheel drive units do you find on the lot compared to four wheel drive?

Good point.

/ Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F #7  

The Southeast is full of 2WD pickups. But not 2WD tractors, at least not current models.

Does the L2501 you are attempting to sell have a front-end-loader?

Most 2-WD L2501 tractors would not have a front-end-loader, as most are purchased for mowing over flat ground.

Does the L2501 you are attempting to sell have an HST transmission, or is it clutch & gear? Tractors used primarily for light-duty mowing frequently are clutch & gear.

No front-end loader. It's clutch and gear. He purchased it for mowing on their former property.

/ Question Regarding Pricing On 2017 2WD Kubota L2501F #9  
No front-end loader. It's clutch and gear. He purchased it for mowing on their former property.

Kubota USA's web site shows a price for new L2501, 2-WD, clutch & gear, no loader, foldable ROPS as $13,515.00. This price would include the warranty. An average discount from $13,515 MSRP might be 8% = $12,433.80.

TractorHouse auction has them selling for 8-10,000 .

Seems to me $8,000-$10,000 is a reasonable range. You have a limited potential pool of customers for this one-trick-puppy tractor.

Kubota USA's web site shows a price for new L2501, 2-WD, clutch & gear, no loader, foldable ROPS as $13,515.00. This price would include the warranty.

Yes. They paid a little over $14,000 from the dealer at the time. I don't see her getting anywhere near that, unfortunately. It was at the dealer for a little over a year after he passed. They tried to help her sell it. They ended up selling the Taylor-Pittsburgh mower deck, but not the tractor.