Question on loader problems for a 7360ss

/ Question on loader problems for a 7360ss #1  

dweitzel

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360SS
I just purchased a 7360ss from an estate sale. 130 hours, and only used with a 5' bush hog.

I asked the local cub dealer about a loader and potential problems with the transmission flanges breaking on the 72xx series that I read about on this forum. He said it was due to aftermarket loaders and the users overloading the loaders or from misuse.

Can anyone tell me about any issues with loaders on the 7360ss and what brand of loader and possible model number I should look at for this tractor? I'll be using the loader to clean up brush, pull trees out of the woods and move dirt and gravel around. possibly pushing a pulling an occasional stump.

I also noticed that the kubota looks to have a real substantial mounting point in front of the operators feet for the woods loader. Is this a weak point on these tractors?

I may have some additional questions.

I believe that the dealer I spoke to recommended a Westendorf 160 loader for my tractor.

Thanks Dave.

/ Question on loader problems for a 7360ss
I just purchased a 7360ss from an estate sale. 130 hours, and only used with a 5' bush hog.

I asked the local cub dealer about a loader and potential problems with the transmission flanges breaking on the 72xx series that I read about on this forum. He said it was due to aftermarket loaders and the users overloading the loaders or from misuse.

Can anyone tell me about any issues with loaders on the 7360ss and what brand of loader and possible model number I should look at for this tractor? I'll be using the loader to clean up brush, pull trees out of the woods and move dirt and gravel around. possibly pushing a pulling an occasional stump.

I also noticed that the kubota looks to have a real substantial mounting point in front of the operators feet for the woods loader. Is this a weak point on these tractors?

I may have some additional questions.

I believe that the dealer I spoke to recommended a Westendorf 160 loader for my tractor.

Thanks Dave.

/ Question on loader problems for a 7360ss #3  
The loader that is on those machines (if a Cub Cadet loader) is made by Woods and I am not a fan of it at all. I would highly recommend a BushHog loader...the Woods loader is real bulky and obstructs your view. There are recall updates for the Woods loader that will fix its problems.

/ Question on loader problems for a 7360ss #4  
The loader that is on those machines (if a Cub Cadet loader) is made by Woods and I am not a fan of it at all. I would highly recommend a BushHog loader...the Woods loader is real bulky and obstructs your view. There are recall updates for the Woods loader that will fix its problems.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any structural issues that I need to be aware of when putting the woods or bush hog loader on the 7360ss ? I read about flanges on the transmission breaking on the 72xx series.

Do you have a model number of a bush hog loader that would work well on the cub 7360ss ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any structural issues that I need to be aware of when putting the woods or bush hog loader on the 7360ss ? I read about flanges on the transmission breaking on the 72xx series.

Do you have a model number of a bush hog loader that would work well on the cub 7360ss ?

Thanks.

/ Question on loader problems for a 7360ss #7  
I have a 7360 with the Cub (made by Woods) loader which I use heavily. I do many of the same chores that you are planning to do. I have had zero problems! It is a rugged loader. I have had no trouble with loosening hardware or mounting flanges. I work it hard and my machine has been trouble free. I would suggest that you look at the Woods loader and compare it to Westendorf.

/ Question on loader problems for a 7360ss #8  
I have a 7360 with the Cub (made by Woods) loader which I use heavily. I do many of the same chores that you are planning to do. I have had zero problems! It is a rugged loader. I have had no trouble with loosening hardware or mounting flanges. I work it hard and my machine has been trouble free. I would suggest that you look at the Woods loader and compare it to Westendorf.

Thanks. Can you post the model number of the Woods loader that you are using? I'd like to look it up and check out the mounting hardware.

Does anyone currently use a westendorf loader on their cub that is similar to a 7360?

David

Thanks. Can you post the model number of the Woods loader that you are using? I'd like to look it up and check out the mounting hardware.

Does anyone currently use a westendorf loader on their cub that is similar to a 7360?

David