Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost

/ Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost #1  

Eaglesfate

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ryobi string trimmer
Good morning, I found a BCS 716 with 18” tiller. Very good condition, runs great. Has A 18” tiller on it and the owner wants $1,650.00 for it.

Looking at the BCS Site I cant find this version on their site, Just looking for thoughts on the price?

I know these types of 2 wheel tractors are supposed to be able to handle several implements, not sure about this version as I can't seem to find it on the BCS site.

Thoughts?

/ Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost #2  
I googled "BCS 716 sale" The below link indicates the 716 discontinued, and replaced with 718. One other 716 offered for sale at $1450 with tiller and composter, so the $1650 sounds a little high, but you'll offer less anyway. No seller ever feels good if first price is accepted - feels more could have been asked. BCS a good line of walk behind tractors

/ Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost
I think I may have offered too low of am offer.

/ Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost #4  
Hi! Bit late to the party.
Looking at the used equipment at Earth Tools, KY, I'd say that 716 price is high.
There is a very nice 725 with a new Honda engine and 20" tiller for $1350 obo - of course it is in Utah :)

Hi! Bit late to the party.
Looking at the used equipment at Earth Tools, KY, I'd say that 716 price is high.
There is a very nice 725 with a new Honda engine and 20" tiller for $1350 obo - of course it is in Utah :)
Just a tad out of the way.
I have decided to rent a model with the Rotary plow and tiller. if I like how the unit handles I plan on getting a 718-722 with a 20-26" tiller.

/ Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost #6  
Just a tad out of the way.
I have decided to rent a model with the Rotary plow and tiller. if I like how the unit handles I plan on getting a 718-722 with a 20-26" tiller.
Good plan.
We have had our 732 for about 10 years, the same model our co-op rents out - bullet proof.
Bought that model as it was the suggested minimum to run a rotary plow.
Also, we rarely use the tiller, the Rinaldi power harrow works a lot better for weed control.

Good plan.
We have had our 732 for about 10 years, the same model our co-op rents out - bullet proof.
Bought that model as it was the suggested minimum to run a rotary plow.
Also, we rarely use the tiller, the Rinaldi power harrow works a lot better for weed control.
Ill have to keep that in mind with the power harrow. Is the power harrows main use for breaking up already tilled soil?

/ Question on BCS 2 wheel tractor cost #8  
Yes. It gently 'stirs' the soil at a shallow depth, unlike a tiller that brings the weed seeds to the surface.
We are trying 'no till' farming using heavy compost mulch to control weeds, but you still have to loosen the soil for planting of course.
If you haven't been there already, lots of good info at Power Harrows - BCS, Rinaldi - Earth Tools
The rotary plow does a great job creating raised beds for garlic.

Regards.

Yes. It gently 'stirs' the soil at a shallow depth, unlike a tiller that brings the weed seeds to the surface.
We are trying 'no till' farming using heavy compost mulch to control weeds, but you still have to loosen the soil for planting of course.
If you haven't been there already, lots of good info at Power Harrows - BCS, Rinaldi - Earth Tools
The rotary plow does a great job creating raised beds for garlic.

Regards.
Thank you for you for the direction.