Question for shop press gurus

/ Question for shop press gurus #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
The piece illustrated is a rear step off a van truck. Someone backed into it and kinked it up. Just wondering if there is a way to begin to isolate the inside kinks with a shop press as the lips on this thing keep getting in the way.
No room to pound it out. It's just an awkward piece of metal (maybe 16 gauge) with a series of awkward kinks. I don't know if there are tools for a shop press to get into angles like this.

Ay suggestions appreciated

Attachments

• Scan 5.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 85
   / Question for shop press gurus #2  
I use a 4-ton porta-power for pressing out things that lack room for a hammer swing.

/ Question for shop press gurus
I use a 4-ton porta-power for pressing out things that lack room for a hammer swing.
That must take some rigging. I have no mind picture concept using one of these for what I have.
I'm thinking things would have to be chained to the floor and such like the frame pullers for auto repair?

/ Question for shop press gurus #4  
You can do a lot with port-a-powers, small hydraulic jacks and floor jacks. Even a 12" Crescent wrench can straighten fairly stout metal.

/ Question for shop press gurus #5  
That must take some rigging. I have no mind picture concept using one of these for what I have.
I'm thinking things would have to be chained to the floor and such like the frame pullers for auto repair?
Arrow your welcome to stop by, I put these chain pots in my shop floor. We'll fix it up. 👍

Attachments

• 20210306_161652.jpg
    20210306_161652.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
   / Question for shop press gurus #6  
Arrow your welcome to stop by, I put these chain pots in my shop floor. We'll fix it up. 👍
What a great idea, Rusty. I shoulda put at least one of those in when I poured the floor. I would use it to pull non-op vehicles or equipment into the workshop, since my driveway slopes. I recently struggled trying to push a dead mini-skidsteer.

/ Question for shop press gurus #7  
It is never to late to add a chain pot in an existing concrete floor. I need to do the same.

/ Question for shop press gurus #8  
First thing that I would try is a chunk of flat bar with a piece of rectangle tubing (or even a chunk of 2x4) in a big bench vise. Press the worst of it out from the inside, then if you could find a piece of RT that would drive between the inner lip and the face you could probably work most of the rest out with body hammers.