Question for Hoeman

/ Question for Hoeman #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
How do you like your 710, I found one i want is got a rattle in the engine but my cousin has a spare hed give me. Its extenda hoe. Its a 90 model, the only thing its been used for was cleaning out culverst on road jobs. Ive looked at all the welds and none are broken nor has it any unfactory welds. Its too big to put in alot of septic tanks here, so ill keep my Ford hoe to. How much does yours weigh because he wants to trade one of my trailers for his. I may back out because i found a 500 International/Dresser I want. But im still iffy. Take care Taylor Lambert

/ Question for Hoeman #2  
I LOVE my 710 IMO best hoe made.
They are heavy but a Sherman tank is too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
W/ x-hoe and loaded front tires about 27,000#.
I haul mine on a semi.
The C and D models only have 4 forward speeds, mine has 8 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
MFWD is a must on this size hoe.
W/ the x hoe and 27' reach if takes a large track hoe to do more, it takes the large pin buckets ($1500 up new).
The front loader is the only TLB that can dump in our 6 and 7
axle dump trucks.
A large construction co. here runs 710s for everything
because of bullet proof.
I put in lots of septic tanks and leach fields w/ it.
One county uses gravelless tile and w/ 2 helpers putting in tile
I can do 300' / hour. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I put an old paver (8000#)dad had on the semi so he could trade for a new one in SC, it has a stong loader.
Deere has specs on 710C at;
http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/media/non_current_pdfs/noncurrent_backhoes/710C.pdf

/ Question for Hoeman #3  
In my opinion,I would go with the Deere,mostly because parts are easily available,resale on a Deere will be better than the International,and as Hoeman said,the things are basically bulletproof.

/ Question for Hoeman
Thanks for your information Hoeman, I may get the 500 International though its a little dozer, Dad told me I had all the stuff to move my old hoe and the dozer both. My hoe is and old 75 model Ford 3550 industrial Hoe its old but fairly tight for its age and never let me down. I fuigure i can live with it for now. I got to operate the 710, its a great machine like you said. i enjoyed the reach.. I have a friend with an International hoe and its a pain to operate or depend on. I do like there dozers though . My banker is hassleng me over money now. This spring i may beable to get both but im not gonna bank on it. They have 2 710s for sale one is a 3 stick i dislike it though, in my opinion they need to stick with a woble stick. But after dad and i talked i decided to go with the little dozer. I doubt my little 5 yard truck would haul the bigger hoe. And most of my work is in smaller areas where i barely can get my machine into.

/ Question for Hoeman #5  
That's where I use the SSL w/ hoe and all the other stuff.
This makes a good set up w/ large and small to do most jobs.
Did u notice Deere puts IRON in the 710.
I would like to get a newer 710 but they go to 4speed trans
and I like my 8 speed.
Seems like they lost 1,3,5,7 gears w/ this set up.
When it comes to dozing it will push about as much dirt as the
D6C on dry ground.