Question about 5 yard dumptruck to tow my hoe with

/ Question about 5 yard dumptruck to tow my hoe with
Thanks for all the responses folks! There is alot to think about here! I think I may stay away from the gas engine and go with a diesel.

There is a heavy equipment auction this weekend that has some nice 5yd diesel dumptrucks for sale that I may go and check out (its the same auction house I bought my hoe at) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again thanks for all the input!

/ Question about 5 yard dumptruck to tow my hoe with #12  
re cdl or not Royjackson gave you the best advice since your really dealing with two different sets of laws and you MAY be in compliance with one, ie federal, but NOT in compliance with the State laws. Generally most states adopt federal regs verbatim but not always so you really need to decide if you plan on driving ONLY in WA state and if so what you need then. This part of the licensing requirements can get pretty confusing and yes, police who don't specialize in commercial vehicle enforcement can make errors. Best thing is pay $5 and get a copy of your states Vehicle and traffic law or equivalent.

/ Question about 5 yard dumptruck to tow my hoe with #13  
I was looking at the "Big Truck & Equipment Trader" and I think I know which truck you're looking at. There is also several single axle trucks to be auctioned off at the Ritchie Brothers auction in Olympia next week. Here's a link to the auction announcement: http://www.rbauction.com/auction_locations_pages/location_olympia_wa_2003163.jsp?auction_id=2003163
I've been to several of their auctions and they are definitely an experience /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's nothing to watch someone spend $500,000 buying a couple of machines. If you decide to go, take ear plugs! I usually wind up with a headache before the day is over.