Quadlock connectors?

/ Quadlock connectors? #1  

jeepcoma

Bronze Member
Tractor
Grillo G110 Diesel, JD 2025R
I've been looking for information about the factory power tap under the rear console on my 2025R (it's the updated console (2022?) with the 4 switch knockouts). In the parts catalog it's #5 here on the fender wiring harness:
1.png

2.png

There are multiple PNs listed for this:
Elec. Connector Housing - 57M15082
Electrical Connector Terminal - 57M7956 "AMP RUBBER PLUG 3.45 QUADLOK"
Elec. Connector Housing - 57M15085
8 inch Black Tie-Band - R44302 (clearly not this!)
Elec. Connector Terminal - 57M15417
Electrical Connector Terminal - 57M7955 "AMP SINGLE WIRE SEAL 3.45 QUADLOK"

I took it over to my autoparts store hoping they could put some pins on 12" of wire and insert them in, but no luck. The only useful description seems to be that "3.45 QuadLock". Some internet searching lead me to TE connectivity but I'm having a lot of issues with the site at the moment. I believe it's a "Micro Quadlok System (MQS) terminal" but that's as far as I was able to get.

Anyone know what I need to get to add wires to the #5 housing, or how to get a housing with a short length of wire already in it? I really don't want to splice into the factory harness when they've already conveniently included a terminal here ready to use...

/ Quadlock connectors? #2  
Did you just start a new thread instead of just adding to the other thread where this was explored?

/ Quadlock connectors?
It was not explored in my other thread, I only mentioned that I found it. I started a new thread for collecting information in a visible way, for other members and future searches.

/ Quadlock connectors?
I did some more searching and came across the following part number:

1-1703498-1-PT​

This led me to Tyco 1-1703498-1-PT - Vormontierter 2 poliger gedichteter maennlicher MCP / MCON Stecker mit Kabel, Kodierung A

It's the same female housing, but with a wiring pigtail already installed. Otherwise it doesn't look too hard to crimp two pins and add seals, but the tool to insert a prepped wire into the housing is like $75 :rolleyes:

img01.jpg

Anyway, $4 for the connector and $8 shipping and I'll report back in "5-14 days" when it arrives.