Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
I want to remove one of the rear tires and was wondering if it is OK to put a jack stand under the rear axle housing. No room to get it directly under the axle and the strut that goes to the loader is too close to the rear tire to get the jack stand in just under where it is bolted to the rear axle housing. Here's a pic of where I was planning on putting the jack stand.

Attachments

• IMG_0211[1].JPG
    IMG_0211[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
   / Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #2  
I think you will be fine there.

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #3  
Ya, you're good. Just make sure the tractor doesnt tip.

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #4  
Looks good to me, I went right under my loader sub frame.

both rears off.jpg

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #5  
I pick my M's up using the drawbar attachment plate. That centers it pretty nice. Takes a 10 ton jack however.

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #6  
When I was installing my subframe mount, I took both tires off for better access. I didn't use the jack stands on the axle as I needed to work on those specifically. So I used the floor jack on the drawbar and placed the stands under the transaxle housing. It was stable. For other times, I simply put them on the axle as close to the tires as possible. No issues.

20190601_140028.jpg

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #7  
Floor jack won't even come close to lifting my M9's up, have to use a 10 ton bottle jack and not on the drawbar either but on the welded plate the drawbar fits into.

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #8  
Floor jack won't even come close to lifting my M9's up, have to use a 10 ton bottle jack and not on the drawbar either but on the welded plate the drawbar fits into.
Or get a better floor jack; I've jacked up a CIH 7230 with a floor jack.

1688999149875.png

/ Putting jack stands under the rear of a MT3 tractor #10  
Ended up with a larger jack then a 3 ton long time ago.
Larger trucks and heavier loads required a better jack, easier to push a rolling jack then get down and crawl with a bottle jack.
Outside on gravel bottle jacks work better,