Putting a front end loader on a 641

/ Putting a front end loader on a 641 #1  

bobsphotos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320 Ford 641 Ford 861 Kubota L3400
I have a Ford 641 and would love to have advice on whether or not it is practical to try to put this loader on it. The loader is on craigslist and I haven't called about it yet. The add says it came off a Jubilee. Any and all comments appreciated.
Bob W Loader.jpg

/ Putting a front end loader on a 641 #2  
Fitment should not be a problem. Make sure to get the brackets that share the fender bolts. You may need longer bolts than what you have, maybe you could trade the guy. Also, make sure to get the hub that bolts on to the front pulley of the engine (the hydraulic pump shaft slides into the splines of this hub).

As for the usefulness of the loader on a 641, it isn't the best tractor to put a loader on, but it will work. That is a lot of loader for the tractor. You will ABSOLUTELY need ballast for the back, or the tractor will be useless for most any task. Loaded tires will get you around, but to really use the loader, you are going to need another 800# or so on the rear of the tractor.

Another consideration would be non-loader applications. This loader will make your tractor harder to steer and maneuver. Does the tractor have power steering? If not the tractor will be a bear to steer. Not impossible, but not easy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

/ Putting a front end loader on a 641
The old girl does not have power steering, so as you suggested, it would be a bear to steer. Thanks so much for the advice.
Bob W