Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #21  
No. I don't think it's needed. There should be only grease under that part.

I would just support the axle with a jack, just enough to take a little bit of the weight out, in case the final drive wants to move in and out so it doesn't make it harder during assembly to align everything back in.

I can't find a parts manual for this tractor to confirm this but sometimes there are shims there to adjust the play up and down. Just be aware of that and make sure if there are indeed shims, they go back in in the same place.
On Kubota's there is a radial seal there but it's not an 'o' ring, rather a flat, recessed seal that retains the axle lubricant from leaking out.

if it's not leaking fluid, I'd say ignore it until it does leak. Always have excess purged grease showing on my Kubota's, in fact I grease them until I observe fresh grease oozing out.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42
So I called the dealer today. The piece of rubber I saw was gasket maker from the factory and there is no problem with it ripping away. In fact there is no rubber O-Ring in that part of the axle, I attached a print-screen of the workshop manual for futur reference.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• 11111.png
    11111.png
    443.5 KB · Views: 79
   / Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #23  
Picture's worth a thousand words.
Glad it turned out well.
Patrick