Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42
That almost looks like the O-ring was cut during assembly, then the grease just pushed the damaged part out.

It's possible to push the O-ring out by over pressurizing that grease zerk, but that usually just pushes the O-ring out.

On that part and the trunnions where the front axle pivots, it's important to not apply too much pressure when greasing or it will blow the O-rings out. Some tractors, usually bigger one, have a built in relief valve to prevent exactly that.

The purpose of the o-rings there is to keep water and dirt from getting in.

Personally, I see no point on really file a warranty claim for a couple cents worth of O-ring, specially in this situation that's easily fixable. The trunnions on the front axle pivot are a lot more work to fix.

All it should take is take that part off, put a new o-ring and assemble back together.
Yes thats exactly what I was thinking. Is there a need to empty the axle oil to do that job?

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #12  
Yes thats exactly what I was thinking. Is there a need to empty the axle oil to do that job?
No. I don't think it's needed. There should be only grease under that part.

I would just support the axle with a jack, just enough to take a little bit of the weight out, in case the final drive wants to move in and out so it doesn't make it harder during assembly to align everything back in.

I can't find a parts manual for this tractor to confirm this but sometimes there are shims there to adjust the play up and down. Just be aware of that and make sure if there are indeed shims, they go back in in the same place.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #13  
I thought that what I was looking at was a strip of grease but I believe that you’re right, it does look like an o-ring. …no point on really file a warranty claim for a couple cents worth of O-ring… The parts may be cheap but the labour isn’t going to be easy. Make an appointment and the 4 hour trip would make a nice day for a lunch date…especially since you’re going to the dealer for the required parts, including filters etc for the upcoming 1st service.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #14  
I find it interesting that your dealer don't do 'farm calls' and won't pick up the unit for warranty or other repairs. Every dealer I know of has a roll back or a beaver tail trailer with a winch for just that purpose. Pat of the necessary equipment for a selling dealer to own. My dealer does 'farm calls' as well as pick up and delivery. Of course there is a charge for transportation as fuel isn't cheap nor is time free. In fact, soon I will start working for my dealer, driving his roll off, delivering and picking up units that need to have shop time.

Here is part of the rubber. Yeah no going to the dealer is not an option for me. I do not have the trailer or the truck to get it over there and I am not willing to pay transportation for a 2$ o-ring… I’d rader spend 2 hours on my knees fixing the thing hence my orignial question.

Attachments

• 8A9AC607-025D-4BD4-BD15-D7825900857F.jpeg
    8A9AC607-025D-4BD4-BD15-D7825900857F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
   / Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #16  
Well, that looks weird.

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #17  
That's odd looking for an o ring. Have you tried to dig out the rest of it? I would try to find a copy of the parts manual. That might be some packing material used when the front end got painted and not even needed. I've seen o rings on hydraulic rams for that purpose.
Patrick

/ Pushed out axle seal Kioti dk42 #18  
What it looks to me is paint covered grease that was pushed out.

That's odd looking for an o ring. Have you tried to dig out the rest of it? I would try to find a copy of the parts manual. That might be some packing material used when the front end got painted and not even needed. I've seen o rings on hydraulic rams for that purpose.
Patrick
Yeah I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow if there is packing there, thank you!