Punctured Hydro Hose

/ Punctured Hydro Hose #1  

Kubota-monkey

Silver Member
Tractor
L35 with bt900 backoe and box scraper + grader blade
Today I was running my backhoe and digging up rough soil when all of a sudden a weird smell comes from the tractor and the hydro hose connected to the tractor from the backhoe starts smoking. I immediately jumped off (Scared immensly I might add and shut off the tractor. I checked under the tractor and hydro fluid was everywhere dripping from all directions. I turned the tractor back on and found my problem. There is a small hole in a rubber hose underneath the tractor. I will need to remove it to bring it to a dealer for repair. Does anyone have any experience in removing hoses and is there any specific order in which I am supposed to remove the hose? All help is extremely appreciated... THanks

/ Punctured Hydro Hose
I tried to loosen it with a wrench but the hose connection wont budge

/ Punctured Hydro Hose #3  
Kubota-monkey, I really don't know the answer to your question, and I'm not sure which hose it is, but the first thought that comes to mind is whether you relieved any pressure in that line before trying to loosen it. I guess you know that should be the first step.

Bird

/ Punctured Hydro Hose #4  
Should probably be using two wrenches - one on the hose fitting, the other restraining the mating connection. This is good practice on any hydraulics but always if you don't know what all the installation torques were (i.e. 'it won't budge' may be budging something else).

Cap any open lines while you're getting the new hose made.

With the new hose, put some hydraulic fluid in it and swish is around a bit (then dispose of it) to be sure the new hose, fittings, or crimping operation didn't leave a surprise behind.