Pumpkin Butter

/ Pumpkin Butter #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
I've eated many things while traveling the world, but my daugher came home from a trip to Pa. with a pint of pumpkin butter. Don't have a clue how to eat it? Treat it like apple butter? Make a pie? Toss it in the trash? Any ideas from you folks from Pa.?

mark

/ Pumpkin Butter #2  
What does it taste like it sounds good to me?

My first thought is yes its probably a bread spread I would try it with peanut butter but I am from the Midwest not PA peanut butter goes in everything out here chili, bbq sauce, burgers you name it. good luck

/ Pumpkin Butter #3  
I make it myself. Use it like any other fruit butter. I like them with cream cheese on a sandwich, and I often put a big spoonful in my oatmeal.

/ Pumpkin Butter #4  
Sounds good. My wife just made a pumkin dip you eat with grahm crackers and it was great. Maybe i can find some of that butter here in Tx.:D

/ Pumpkin Butter #5  
If it is like that in the recipe below, it makes the best pumpkin pie I've had.

Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter PUMPKIN PIE
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
3 extra large eggs
1 1/2 cups Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter (one 13.5-oz. jar)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Beat eggs until blended then stir in Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter and cream. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake in preheated 450ー F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350ー F. and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until center is just set. (A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.) Serve at room temperature. Serves 8.

Last edited: