PTO yoke specs

/ PTO yoke specs #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I am needing to change the PTO yoke off an old New Holland manure spreader. I was looking at TSC and they list numbers like 12N, 14N 44N which use different size crosses. Does any one know where to get the dimensions for the TSC yokes so that I can replace the one I am removing? I found the Bare-Co site which shows their dimensions but don't use the same numbering as TSC.

/ PTO yoke specs #2  
Baum Hydraulics catalog has that information. They are on the web but I don't know if that information is on their site. If you don't find it, post your dimensions and I'll try to identify it for you.

Kim

/ PTO yoke specs #3  
You're in luck:thumbsup:

Go to this website and click the link at the top that says agmaster cataloge

PTO Shaft and PTO Shields

It is a pretty good cataloge that has about every pto part imaginable. But on page 3, there is dimensions and HP ratings for the different types of PTO shafts. The 12n, 14n, etc that you refer to is the weasler style at the bottom of the chart:thumbsup:

The weasler is the only standard ones. The rest are metric:confused2:

But you may find that it may be cheaper to replace the whole shaft. I needed only one half of a PTO for a flail mower. It was the weasler style square tube. I needed the male end. The guy at ccmachine said that it would be more expensive than just buying a new style metric shaft. So I got a 47" long (had to cut to length, no big deal) series 4 shaft for $107.xx delivered to my door in two days flat:thumbsup:

You may just want to give them a call to explore your options. I dont remember who I talked to, but he was very knowledgable and helpful:thumbsup:

/ PTO yoke specs
Thanks for the links. If I can get one from TSC they are only $40-80 depending on the type. A whole new shaft would be nice but for the infrequent use this is going to get saving the money will be nice.

/ PTO yoke specs #6  
Wrong. The yoke in question will be a NEAPCO spec yoke, not a Weasler. Still a 'domestic' style, not metric.

Now I am really confused.

When I was searching for the info I never came across any mentions of NEAPCO???

How are they different than the weasler??

And they list the weasler style as having the square or rectangle tubes, are the neapco ones like that??

/ PTO yoke specs #7  
I kinda answered my own question.

I stumbled onto this site that has a lot of good info and specs

Agricultural PTOs

It does appear that there are several Neapco and weaslers that will interchange. But they do use different numbering. The weaslers use the 12n, 14n, 35n, 44n, etc.

Neapco uses 1200, 1800, 2000, etc.

RickB, how can you be certain that it is a "Neapco" yoke and NOT a "weasler" yoke?? And if the crosses are the same, wouldn't they interchange?? Whats the difference other than a different MFG??

/ PTO yoke specs #8  
It could be a Neapco that crosses to a Weasler, or it could be a Neapco that does not. Without knowing for sure what model spreader or which yoke he needs, we can't give better info. It could be a yoke using a 12R series cross, or something else. If he needs the yoke connecting the telescoping PTO shaft to the solid jackshaft on the spreader, he will be shopping at the New Holland store for that proprietary part. The rest of the telescoping shaft parts can be matched generically.

/ PTO yoke specs
My friend finally was able to work on the coupler. He was able to get the tractor side yoke off. The caps are 7/8" and the Cap-to-cap length is 2 29/32" snap rings on the outside. He was also able to get the locking pin working again. This is off a New Holland 220 spreader. After looking through the two links I didn't find anything that fit.

I did just start another thread asking about cleaning up the splines on the coupler. If I can clean them up enough to get it to slide onto the PTO shaft then I don't need to get a new coupler.

Last edited:
   / PTO yoke specs
Thanks for the help but I managed to get the coupler working again and fitting on the PTO shaft so I don't need to buy a new one.