PTO shaft hitting the drawbar

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #11  
I keep my drawbar reverse attached forward, so it goes under the rear, and out of the way, but still adds weight and is there if I want it. Not sure if that mounting position is an option on other tractors.

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #12  
Is removing your drawbar difficult? Why even take a chance. You should always remove the drawbar when you are running a PTO shaft. My drawbar comes out with one captive pin. Takes all of 10 seconds.

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #13  
My drawbar doesn't pivot, unless there's an alternate mounting point I'm not aware of. I don't have any pull type implements, so it's been a non issue. I'll check if I can reverse install. There are 2 hefty pins that hold it in place, so removing is easy. Remembering where I put the drawbar is the hard part.
Patrick

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #14  
I was just greasing up the rfm getting ready for the first mow when I noticed the plastic safety guard on the pto shaft mangled in the middle. Looks like the shaft is coming into contact with the drawbar when the tractor breaks over a hill.

I was able to get it apart and shorten the inner portion of the safety shield so it slides again.

The drawbar has some pins that allow it to swing slightly to the right or left. Is that all that's needed or should I be removing the drawbar completely when mowing?

What does everyone else do?
What is rfm ?

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #15  
I'm guessing Rear Finish Mower not be confused REMF.

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar
Yes, rear finish mower (landpride 1672)

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #17  
Swinging to the side helps if you only turn in 1 direction.

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #18  
Mine probably wouldn’t hit but I pull the pin and slide the drawbar forward so there’s nothing to worry about, takes about 10 seconds to do on my tractor.

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #19  
If I ever get one to use I will know what to look out for
We just had two days of drizzling rain and lots of green
grass and the Lilac bushes are in full bloom

willy

/ PTO shaft hitting the drawbar #20  
I move the drawbar to the forward hole. PTO shaft for the chipper comes nowhere close.