PTO Driven Generator

/ PTO Driven Generator #1  

darien7

Tractor
Yanmar YM336
I live in Hurricane Alley here on the east coast and last year we hot hammered by two of them back to back that went right over us. Needless to say, it was miserable trying to keep my old generator going for days without power. Is there such a thing as a PTO driven generator?

/ PTO Driven Generator #2  
Darien7:

Give this company a whirl
Northern Tool PTO Gen. page
I bought a portable gen. form them last year during the Hurricane's and have been very happy with it.

Type in the search on this site PTO Gen. and you will find a bunch of info on them.

Where in florida are ya? and welcome to the site.

/ PTO Driven Generator
Thanks, I'll check them out.
I live just south of Melbourne in a small town called Malabar.
Where you at?

/ PTO Driven Generator #4  
I'm in summerfield florida.

I bought the 12.5kw unit from norther and have been very happy with it.

Soundguy

/ PTO Driven Generator #5  
I'm here in Eustis caught all three last year. question do you have any problem with voltage\load changes. I have a ym2000 and was thinking of getting a pto gen /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ PTO Driven Generator #6  
Load changes will be dependent on how good (responsive )the governor on your tractor is, and how much reserve hp your engine can produce.

A fast governor on an engine that is not loaded to the max already should do ok.

My old 8n was fine for simple power tools in the 10-20 amp load range.. If I hooke dit up to the well pump.. I may want to use my ford 660 or 7610s.. etc.

Voltage and freq measurments were in line with the utility.. etc.

Soundguy