PT425 Hard Usage Report

/ PT425 Hard Usage Report #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
I had the oportunity to help out at my daughter's little league last weekend and again yesterday(Saturday). They brought in a truckload of moon dust (granulated limestone) that needed to be spread on the diamond. I think they said that it was about 20 tons. I put 5 hours on it last week and another 5 hours yesterday. Last week consisted of spreading piles that a CASE 580 would dump on the diamond. Well, the 580 was WAY too big and left ruts in the outfield, so I had them dump it outside the fence and I hauled it in with the large bucket. Worked great.

This week, they brought in another load, but they dumped it on the other side of the park. There was no 580 to haul it this week, so I had to make about 35 trips all the way around three diamonds. It is slightly up hill on the heavy side of the trip. That was about half of the pile, so it was about 10 tons total.

I noticed that the hydraulic cooler was running when I would throttle down and the air was quite warm. But after 2-3 minutes of idling, the cooler fan would start blowing cool air and then shut off. This provided me with an excues to have a pop break every 45 minutes or so /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

All in all, I worked the heck out of that thing. Fully loaded bucket and long trips at full speed and it never gave any indication that it was sluggish or overworked.

Today, I spread 8 tons of #8 limestone at my house and it took about a half an hour. I was able to run it at lower throttle speeds and just putt along, as the #8 limestone is much lighter per bucket load than the granulated stuff.

/ PT425 Hard Usage Report #2  
And what a spectacular weekend you had for all that fun... I mean work /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ PT425 Hard Usage Report
Yep. Too bad I ran out of tractor things to do for the rest of this week /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif. Just kidding. If I get some time there's always plenty of yard work to do. Should be a productive week for your "big project" as well /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ PT425 Hard Usage Report #4  
Did you just bring the product to the diamond or did you also use the blade to spread it out?
That was a fun project to learn the in's and out's of your machine.
PJ