PT1430 Questions

/ PT1430 Questions #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
Couple of questions about the PT1430:

- What is the top speed? Web site says 12 MPH but I thought I read somewhere else that is was 8 or 9.

- Will any 400 series attachments fit the 1400 series? Is the quick attach a different size? Some of the 400 attachments are less than 50% the price of the 1400 series (e.g., forks and PHD). Even though the base 1430 is much more expensive than the 400 series, the price might work for me if I could use some of the 400 series implements.

- Does the diesel engine need to be run “wide open” for proper cooling? Or can you run at, say, half throttle and above?

/ PT1430 Questions #2  
Marrt:
I looked at and nearly bought a 1430 before I settled on the 1845. I never got an answer I could be confident about on top speed. I was told that the 8-9 was correct, and that the 12 was an obsolete number, since the wheel motors had been changed. It felt faster to me than 9 when I drove it, however.
The engine will be fine at part throttle.
I don't think the 400 and 1430 have the same size quick attach, and the 1430 hydraulic PTO has higher flow. I assume that the 1430 adapter could be put on the smaller attachments, but I doubt they'd recommend it if the attachment used the pto.

/ PT1430 Questions #3  
They told me at Power Trac that the 400 implements will not fit on the larger series and vice versa. Just like Charlie said, the flows are higher so the motors on the implements have to be able to handle them. And they also said, and I have seen from pictures, that the quick attach plates are different.