PT Stump Grinder feedback

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #21  
Unfortunately, this is the older style blade with the teeth welded onto the circular portion of the blade. I wish it had the bolt on teeth as there are more teeth without the carbide than with it.

I think the hydraulic hoses are original.
Ok. In the free advice category; worth what you paid for it... I would go use it for awhile and then decide on your future plans, especially since your targets are pine stumps. If you like it, then I would think about fixing it. It would only be less than an hour of work to cut the old teeth off and a few more to put on @woodlandfarms slick carbide teeth, depending of course on the tools you have. It wouldn't take a machine shop very long at all. 24 or so teeth and 48 holes.

Definitely armchair quarterbacking here.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #22  
That's weird. No matter what kind of equipment that was with "TEETH" they should have been serviceable. Having said that, some guys do silver solder on their own carbides. Maybe, more old school.

Sharp teeth are everything on a grinder!

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback
Love that spinning wheel of death!!! That looks very effective.

Power trac got back to me and said that they can sell me the weld on teeth for about 12 bucks a piece or I can buy a complete new blade with the bolt on teeth for 700.00.

Price I put on it when I wanted to get rid of it was make offer and I would have sold it cheeeeep since I thought I would never use it.

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #24  
Love that spinning wheel of death!!! That looks very effective.

Power trac got back to me and said that they can sell me the weld on teeth for about 12 bucks a piece or I can buy a complete new blade with the bolt on teeth for 700.00.

Price I put on it when I wanted to get rid of it was make offer and I would have sold it cheeeeep since I thought I would never use it.
Did PT confirm it’s original use? Stumper vs trencher?

Is that $12 just for the carbide portion of the tooth or the tooth assembly that is welded to the wheel?

Id think seriously on retrofitting bolt on tooth assemblies if there are that many to replace-unless you can find a decent method to replace the carbide inserts.

Your location may have hindered your sale previously more than anything-unless you were offering to ship it freight, it would be limited to someone being local enough to pick it up-kind of narrows your base of potential buyers.