PT Additions/Modifications

/ PT Additions/Modifications #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
I mentioned earlier that I wanted a place to attach a tie down chain to the front of my PT. I can use the pin hitch on the rear, but there is really no good place on the front. So, I picked up a 10,000 lb tow hook from TSC and bolted it to the front. Here's a picture. Total cost, about ten bucks. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 54-205402-towhook.jpg
    54-205402-towhook.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,043
   / PT Additions/Modifications
You guys keep mentioning spinner knobs for the steering wheel. So, while I was adding the tow hook, I picked up a spinner knob from TSC. Here's a picture. Hey, it was even green! Total cost, about ten bucks! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I tried it out last night. I took the PT out to the property and loaded about 2 yards of black dirt and delivered it to my father-in-law. Spinner worked great. So did the tow hook. The spinner made loader operations MUCH easier. Very comfortable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• 54-205404-spinner.jpg
    54-205404-spinner.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,598
   / PT Additions/Modifications #3  
MossRoad,
Thanks for the pictures, I really like the tie down hook.
PJ

/ PT Additions/Modifications #4  
Cool suicide knob, dude! What is TSC's web-site (and can you order online)?

Thx,
Dave

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorsupply.com>www.tractorsupply.com</A> is the website, but I couldn't find it in there. Their "Blue Book" doesn't show everything that they have in the local stores, either.

/ PT Additions/Modifications #6  
MossRoad <font color=green> So, while I was adding the tow hook, I picked up a spinner knob from TSC</font color=green>

Wrapping the wheel and putting on a spinner made a huge difference for me. It makes those backing & filling maneuvers a nonstop dance. Great fun when I get in the groove! Especially pushing the nose of the mower in under bushes and working my way around them. I also later moved the spinner to sit outside the rim of the wheel which increased the leverage and made yet another significant improvement. It doesn't look like yours will mount that way. Mine is built differently with a single clamp bolt on one side of the rim, about which the ball pivots. Hence the ball is offset from the rim, either inside or outside.

Another thing I did was to strap an old motorcycle mirror to one side of the ROPS so I can hold a better line in reverse while box blading or raking. Ya gotta keep a close watch on that articulated rear! Get distracted steering the front & the little devil heads right off into the puckers. The mirror helps a lot - now to find two more - flat ones, mine is convex - one for each side.

/ PT Additions/Modifications #7  
I mounted an eye to the top of the bucket. I curl the bucket forward, hook the chain on then put the bucket in a flat position. This makes the chain very tight and I use the eye for many other things also.

Cool! More ideas. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif