PT-425 on order

/ PT-425 on order #1  

deadstick

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-425
Been hovering on this message board for a few months, reading all of the information about tractors...

Finally got the go ahead from "the boss" to go buy one and decided upon the PT425 Power-Trac. Now the wait begins for it to be delivered....

I'm a first time tractor owner and if it wasn't for this board I don't think I would have been comfortable in purchasing one..

So, I say a big thanks....

/ PT-425 on order #2  
Congratulations on a great machine!!!

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your comments.

/ PT-425 on order #3  
Congratulations on your new PT425. What kind of work do you plan on doing with your new machine?
Your comments will be very much appreciated as you get seat time.
PJ

/ PT-425 on order
I have some light clearing work I need to do on my small part of Texas to get ready for grass I want to put down. Thats my immediate need, but I'm sure I will find more things to do :)

I also need to lay some irrigation pipe for the sprinkler system but couldn't justify the amount for the trencher. It would be nice if there was some sort of small bucket that could dig a small, fairly shallow trench. My dad-n-law is a welder, so he may take up the challenge....

/ PT-425 on order #5  
What we need is more Power Trac owners that live close buy. Sharing some of those attachments that are used only a few times a season would really help.
PJ

/ PT-425 on order #6  
There are a few threads here on TBN about using middle busters to trench with. It is essentially a big tooth that you can use to scar a trench in the ground. You make several passes, getting progressively deeper on each pass. On your last pass, you attach a piece of pipe with a gradual 90 degree curve in it behind the tooth. One end faces the sky, the other end faces the oposite of the direction of travel. You can feed flexible pipe down through the curved pipe as you go and it lays it in the bottom of the trench. Two person operation. Never tried it myself, but many say it works great.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=83641&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1> Click here to read one good thread on trenching </A> It has some great pictures of the attachment as well.

/ PT-425 on order #7  
Welcome aboard. You'll love the PT425, and you're sure right that you'll find other things to do with it.

/ PT-425 on order #8  
hi tex, you will feel like on a horse, which i know all you texan have at least one. all kidding aside you made a darn good choice, any problems holler or call the toll free number at pt hq.

good luck

/ PT-425 on order #9  
that is a very good idea, but at times you can loose friends over it. the stuff always brakes when you just borrowed it for a day or two.

we here on the east coast are going to have a mow - out at charlies .... i am going to bring my modified kunz mowers down to maryland ... and we are going to have a ho down (i hope i spelled that right)!

/ PT-425 on order #10  
That ripper/trencher looks like a good idea to me. I wonder if the PT 400 series has enough guts to handle it. I may give it a try.