PT 1430 vs PT 425

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #21  
I know this is directed to Charlie but I will throw in my two cents - The attachment plates are identical (or at least they were a year ago when I got mine) therefore you can use 1430 attachments on the 1845 - (I know what PT says but you listen and then do what makes sense as long as you know what you are doing)

The difference on mine is I have a 3/4 PTO and the 1430 has 1/2 inch - now I had a custom quick attach hose made to convert between the two. The only other difference is the 15gpm PTO vs the 13 gpm PTO. Not much of a difference but I guess on the mower you would have to check the spec to be sure it can take the two extra gpm to be safe as this attachment is generally run at full throttle so the gpm difference comes into play.

You can also install a divertor valve to customize gpm output.

The single turf 1845 is 59 inch wide

PS as everyone knows I run some 425 attachments on the 1845 - I just keep it below full throttle.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #22  
To add to Ed Ambrose comments:

Attachments for both the 1430 and 1845 have the same quick attach plate. For example I bought a mini hoe for my 1845 even though it is not listed on the 1845 sheet. PT says this is fine because the hydraulic power for this attachment comes from the Aux circuit, not the PTO circuit.

However attachments that have a hydraulic motor may not be interchangable because the PTO hydraulic specs for the two machines are quite different. For the 1430 it is 12 gpm at 2500 psi while for the 1845 it is 15 gpm at 3000 psi. For the attachments with motors that I inquired about that were on the 1430 sheet but not the 1845 sheet I was told they were not compatible without a diverter assembly that would cost $250 additional. There is also the matter of different size hydraulic lines and fittings in the PTO circuits as Ed mentioned.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #23  
I agree with Bob - but just one more point
It is usually not a problem (ie the difference in the GPM
so long as you understand the following

1) The attachment hydraulic motor is rated to 3000psi
which most are - I have run the 425 attachments on the 1845 many, many times with no problems - I checked the specs on these motors and PSI was not an issue (and probably won't be for a hydraulic motor)

2) The extra flow does not exceed the RPM spec of the motor or in case of the mower - the FPM may be too HIGH since you will run it at full throttle - but I like a fast tip speed - you can check all this with an Tach - especially the mower

All that being said - you can control the GPM with the throttle or a diverter as well.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #24  
Dave:
You already have the answers from Ed & Bob. At the time, I bought so-called 1845 attachments, but most things are interchangeable if the plate is right, and the 1430 and 1845 are the same. Except at the extremes of application, most attachments are adaptable with hydraulic connectors. The 72" mower needs all 15 gpm, but things like the posthole auger makes holes at idle, and the lift functions are full strength at low throttle, just slower. I'm not sure that the mini hoe is strong enough for the increased psi of the 1845 system -- check with Sedgewood on that, but most things PT makes will work on anything with a bit of work.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #25  
john and Mr. M.R i made ramps to get to higher points such as my topdresser or the pickup. make the ramps so that you comfortably can reach the hight without the back wheels leaving the ground. have had no problems that way to load my topdresser with 30 cubic yards of humus, compost in an 8 hr day and at the same time spreading the stuff 1/8 inch thick over the lawn etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #26  
<font color="red"> I'm not sure that the mini hoe is strong enough for the increased psi of the 1845 system -- </font>

Charlie,

Recall that the Mini hoe is powered from the Aux circuit, not the PTO circuit. PT told me there was no issue with using the mini hoe on the 1845.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #27  
<font color="red"> PT told me there was no issue with using the mini hoe on the 1845.
</font>

Without a thumb. My thumb allowed me to apply forces way beyond the hoe's designed intent with predictable results /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sedgewood

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #28  
<font color="blue"> mr,why in the world would you want to load over the side of a pickup truck???to unload it by hand??get a trailer that dumps and load it with the 425 over the side </font>

I bought a car hauler trailer that I can load over the sides and I just drive up on it to unload it. I knew this height limitation when I bought and also knew that I would get a trailer some day.

Picture #1
Picture #2
Picture #3

It works out well for those few times when I have to load from the side. Like when a family member wants a couple tons of our fine black dirt or nice ginger sand.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #29  
I found this thread recently while pondering the purchase of a second smaller PT machine for home use. (I have a PT1850 which I use at the family homeplace in the mountains.)

Just to add to the archived information, Powertrac's sales office told me the 425 is rated for 20 degrees while the 1430 is rated for 30 degrees.

I am really attracted to the 425's compactness for use around a residential lot, but with some steep sections of the yard, the 1430's slope capability sounds nice.

Anyone have any thoughts about the 1430 in tight quarters?

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #30  
Does anyone have direct experience using the 1430 and finish mower for regular mowing of a large residential lot?