Protill Rototiller

/ Protill Rototiller #1  

stevem5215

Platinum Member
Tractor
Steiner 420 - Black Craftsman Pro 24hp - Simplicity 48 ZT-2500 - Simplicity Citation XT 61" - Chainsaw CS-5720 - FarmerTec G660 90cc's
I'm looking for a cable that activates the tines. I'm not having much luck finding a replacement as the company doesn't appear to be in business. The one I bought worked for about 15minutes and then broke the wire at the idler wheel which it pulls in towards the belt. I've tried reattaching the cable several times now and each time it vibrates the crap out of it and snaps it off. I'm looking for suggestions for a part and what to do on it. There must be something I'm overlooking.

Thanks,
Steve

/ Protill Rototiller #2  
I'm assuming your cable is a coaxial cable that looks like a long tightly closed spring with a stiff wire running through it. And that stiff wire is breaking off at the business end of the cable.

You might try using nylon wire-ties to strap the end of the cable to the part that is vibrating. That would relieve the stress on the end of the wire and distribute it along the rest of the cable.

/ Protill Rototiller
My problem is that when it broke I don't know what was on the end of it. there could have been a spring setup to absorb the vibration or whatever is there. I guess I'm looking for a expert from someone who designed something like this and knows what's needed to make it work without breaking regularly.

Thanks,
Steve (i'll try the wiretie idea thanks for that one)